Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pull RAM info

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi All

Quick question.

I need to pull the RAM info from about 50 machines off our 700 machine domain. ANyone got any ideas on how to do this the quickest and easiest way?

Thanks

Darran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

SIW You'll have to run it on every machine from a USB key / Network drive. But it will tell you everything you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 corkman80

Thanks for the reply but I was looking for a tool I could use from c cantral location, i.e my pc, rather than doing the rounds manually

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What info on the ram do you need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 corkman80

I only need to know how much is in each machine, thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

psinfo will do the job.. But you will have to parse the data from the reply. Also, you will need to run it for every computer. But assuming you have a list of the computers on the domain, a quick bat file can automate this.

psinfo can be downloaded here

• Advertisement
Advertisement