Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hairballs question

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Kinda disgusting question but when a cat is coughs up a hairball would you actually see a ball of hair? Or is it just puke? (Sorry!)

One of my cats has been throwing up a bit over the last few weeks and I have been putting it down to hairballs. Grew some cat grass for him, and got some malty crossy things, but the problem comes back every few days or so.

I don't see any hair in what he throws up though when I'm cleaning up, so I'm wondering if it might be something else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 collgal

You should eventually see a hairball. Though its not usually ball shaped its more sausage shaped. Our cat was puking / off her food for about 3 days before the hairball showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

You will know a hairball when you see it. It looks like they have puked up a poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If the cat is off it's food or generally out of sorts it could be something else. There is a hair ball paste I think you can get.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

You should come across a wet roll of hair after a coughing session. If this is not happening then its possible that there may be another problem.

It would do no harm to have her checked out, just to be sure.

Advertisement