Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Duplication

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Whats the best/cheapest place in Dublin to (or online) to get a bunch of copies of my album pressed up?

Probably thinking 500 copies or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

http://www.musicmattersinternational.com/

Don't know if it's the cheapest or the best but I have used their services before and they are helpful and proffesional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Whats the best/cheapest place in Dublin to (or online) to get a bunch of copies of my album pressed up?

Do it yourself and buy a duplicator and a decent printer :) I know a band in Ennis that do their own.

It would probably work out cheaper to do it yourself if you are going to be charged e1 a pop. A 3 to 1 DVD duplicator is e355, a CD duplicator would be less. The same crowd do spurious ink cartages, bulk jewel cases and blanks.
    http://maxburns.ie/start/duplicators/dvd-cd-duplicator-1-to-3-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sandy 67

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

Try www.cdduplication.ie

Dealt with them before...brilliant...fast and very accomodating

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

Do it yourself and buy a duplicator and a decent printer :) I know a band in Ennis that do their own.

It would probably work out cheaper to do it yourself if you are going to be charged e1 a pop. A 3 to 1 DVD duplicator is e355, a CD duplicator would be less. The same crowd do spurious ink cartages, bulk jewel cases and blanks.
    http://maxburns.ie/start/duplicators/dvd-cd-duplicator-1-to-3-black.html

go to google...look up

duplication and replication.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kieth

Well there are many duplicating softwares available and i had used many of them, but yet now iam using a CD DVD Duplicator which really very good. And its quite affordable. Iam fully pleased with its services and quality.

All the best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

Def the way to go is to purchase a duplicator as short runs less than a 1000 are a rip. But it's only half the battle as home printing looks kak and out of the box can give that "we are only a bedroom band vibe",
    Books are judged by the cover at press and radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sandy 67

Just used www.asismediacopy.com for 2 jobs I couln't be bothereed to do myself. One CD-ROM and one CD-R - really good. Got the CD-R done on watershield discs. Look brilliant. Reccomend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

if u want serious savings look abroad. yes it's a minefield but do your homework and there's incredible savings to be had. NIce to support local enterprise and all that but needs must...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brendanwaawaa

I used Budgetmedia.ie for my CDs. Seem very competitive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

as a small tip ... it's quite acceptable to ask duplicator/printing services to send you some samples of work they've done similar to what they are offering you. That way you get to see the quality of their work before you part with cash.

Still and all, the place that did my last album did most of the copies really well and the rest were unusable due to crooked printing (I'll not name them here but they've not been mentioned above).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeyJonson

I just got a hundred copies back for a mate of mine who are just setting up but the quality is superb. Hes chuffed with them. Thinks he looks pro now!

Got them from www.discduplication.ie . Found them on google by typing in discduplication. There are some serious rip off companies for 100 cds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

tweeky wrote: »
    Def the way to go is to purchase a duplicator as short runs less than a 1000 are a rip. But it's only half the battle as home printing looks kak and out of the box can give that "we are only a bedroom band vibe",
    Books are judged by the cover at press and radio.

I read this post before I read who posted it and was thinking
    'Yer man speaks sense'

But why wouldn't it ? - it's the Tweekmeister ...

A local band put out a single last week with the song title having a 'Your' instead of a 'You're' in it. No-one in the band, management, graphic designer or printer spotted it ...... what da feck?

How seriously will they be taken at national radio ?

Books are indeed judged by their covers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭robertbarry

Got ours done at Mediashack http://www.mediashack.co.uk in Belfast. We were very happy with the way they turned out. Proper CD not cheap and nasty inkjet green backs. Digipacks really looked the business. You have to be careful I suppose as some companies in Ireland dont tell ya your gettin CD-Rs ie duplication instead of replication (glass mastered), but make a point of asking if you are gonna spend a wad of cash. Trend in Dublin also do them as well but were a bit pricey last time. Digi clone in Scotland did a friends DVD job and he was happy with them. On a similar subject does anybody know any company that transfers old vinyl to cd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭robertbarry

Another company to try is red barn studios

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ItsInTheMind

I second the above post - if you're getting 500 made, then ensure these are replicated and not duplicated. The easy way to know, is that replication would take a minimum of 2 weeks to manufacture. Duplication can be done in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alexdrewluca

try www.duplicationireland.com excellent quality high profile clients

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonnydobrien

ill do them fr less cd burnt and printed wth cellulose and a shell case email me on jonnydobrien@gmail.com

Advertisement