Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Staring At Shadows

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

In the last two weeks, my cat has become totally obsessed with shadows.

She's never done this before, but now, she just stares at shadows for ages.
    Like the shadows cast on a wall by the sun shing in the window or from a lamp in a room. If the shadows move, all the better. She tries to climb the wall to get at them.

She can sit there for ages looking at them in a freaky "i see dead people" kind of way.

She is about 7 years old and in good health.

Anyone come across this before or have any idea why the sudden interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

mick_irl wrote: »
    She can sit there for ages looking at them in a freaky "i see dead people" kind of way.

Maybe she does :eek:

Nah, maybe she's caught a few mice or something from past experience that were hiding in the shadows so she's just... keeping and eye out for the next potential meal? :pac:

That's just a wild assumption though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

She might just be fascinated by them, just as cats/dogs sometimes will stare at a telly. It's might be just something different the cat hasn't noticed before.
    It's because they are shadows it freaks you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Oh - one of mine started that crack over the last few days too! :D I think it might be that it has got so sunny and bright all of a sudden. They probably didn't really have major contrasting shadows over the last few months until lately, and now the shadows are really defined. FASCINATING!:rolleyes: If you are a cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

My sister's dog used to stare at the ceiling in her home - that really freaked her out as she was reading a lot at the time about ghosts etc.

it was probably more to do with mice in the floor boards upstairs.

as for the cat - well what ever, once she's happy... or maybe you need to give her more attention/toys?

Advertisement