Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer crashing for no discernable reason

Options
  • 13-05-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a new Dell computer about 2 months ago. It has been running great and perfectly until I started playing on Bet fair poker. Sometimes when I'm playing at betfair poker my computer just freezes - no blue screen or error or anything it just freezes, and then 30 secs or so later it restarts it self.

I cant figure out what is causing this because it never ever crashes aside from when I'm playing there

Is there any diagnostic tool I can use to tell me why its crashing and what is causing it etc?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try Memtest to check your RAM, you will have to burn it to a CD, put it on a floppy or bootable USB key. Link here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

once I have the file on the USB key what do I do? that websie isnt very helpful in how to use the thing!! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I had a similar-ish problem whenever I loaded PKR.com, it'd freeze up, I'd reboot etc. Now if I load the program it just blue-screens. Turns out that it's one of the RAM modules(?) that needs to be replaced as it's malfunctioning, I can't fix it any other way.

What kind of warranty do you have on it? Seeing as it's new, would you get Dell to collect it, repair and return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭p2kone

check hard disk cables?

I have no idea how to do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,141 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tried to contact dell chat support yet?

they can do a lot of diagnostics over the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

does it happen at any other time or only when you are playing poker?

What internet browser do you use?

It only ever happens when I am running the Betfair poker client. I run alot of other poker clients without problem

I am using Firefox

Overheal wrote: »
    tried to contact dell chat support yet?

they can do a lot of diagnostics over the net.

Is dell support any good? because its a problem with one specific program causing it to crash I imagine they will just tell me to uninstall that program or something, I really hate dell support and don't want to life tilt myself by calling them unless they have a good chance of helping, which I really doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭runswithascript

valor wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm playing at betfair poker my computer just freezes

Does it only happen when you are losing money? Does it work with the horses?

• Advertisement
Advertisement