Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube problem

Options
  • 13-05-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place for this, if it's on the wrong place I'm sorry

I've no idea why but my browser won't play youtube videos. Any video I try to play starts but freezes at exactly 2 seconds in. There is also no sound on the 2 seconds that it does show before it stalls. It's not just on the youtube site, the same thing happens to any youtube videos that are embedded here or on any other site.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what the problem could be? For the record, don't rule out the dumbest possible solution, cos I have no idea about this kind of stuff so it could be something really simple

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try clearing your internet files/cache and see if it makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just did that and it made no difference, thanks anyway ruu

The weird thing is the video keeps streaming cos the red bar under the video loads to the end, but the screen just freezes completely

Is the hard disk thrashing while you are watching, could be fragmentation of the disk slowing things down.
    What other apps are running.
    Is this a new issue or has it always been this way.
    How old is the PC, some early pentiums just didn't have the speed to run streaming video, especially when the os was upgraded to something the machine wasn't originally designed to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

*ahem*

Youtube has announced some sitewide maintenance.

Could be your issue.

Overheal wrote: »
    *ahem*

Youtube has announced some sitewide maintenance.

Could be your issue.

Ah, right.

Cheers for your responses folks, sorry about that :o

Move along people, nothing to see here

• Advertisement

Ok, turns out it wasnt the youtube maintenance thing, cos I am having the same problem with other sites that host videos (dailymotion and the likes) so I am going to guess it is a problem with my media player or some such thing.

db my lap top is about a year old, I normally only have boards and one or two other tabs open, no offline applications running. It is a new problem, there was no problem at all until last week.

I am getting a bit worried though, turns out my brother who is a dj has been downloading a tonne of stuff off limewire and my anti-virus software might not be up to scratch, so I think my lap top might have caught a flu

• Registered Users Posts: 30,165 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you could try download the latest flash player, close the webbrowser and run the installer

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_active_x.msi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 malinna

u can download it to PC, then watch offline.:confused::confused:

use E.M. Youtube video download tool to download video automatically, when the video start to play/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

orestes, I have the exact same problem. It seems to come and go though. I've found that opening the page in a different browser (I also use Safari) works, although it's not just Firefox, as Safari has failed to load also.
    I've also found that reastarting the pc can work. But beyond that, it seems so random I can't pinpoint anything!

Advertisement