Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Driver Disappears - Driving me Mad!!

Options
  • 12-05-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

We bought a new laptop a few weeks ago - Toshiba Equim, Vista with built in wireless driver. The wireless driver worked fine for a few hours and then the internet connection ceased. After trying to find the reason for this the display message received was "Currently not connected to a network" with "Connect to a network" underneath this. When I click on this the wireless connection is no longer there. Further investigations found the built in wireless driver had also disappeared. Can anybody tell me what is going on? Is there something I can do to fix this or should I bring the machine back and request my money back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You may have disable the Wireless card via a keyboard shortcut, look in manual about this and look at the keyboard for a Fn key (usually marked in BLUE) and a key with a Wireless symbol etc on it (Radio mast or the like) Press and hold the Fn key then press other key and it should toggle the status of the WiFi radio from on to off or vice versa.

Post up how you get on. Failing that bring it back as you may as well get full value for the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Thanks for that. Turns out the problem was bigger than we thought so we rang tech support and Toshiba advised us to bring it back, which we did, so now we have a different machine so fingers crossed the drama has ended!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Good auld shebas. Rock solid. ;)

Advertisement