Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car dealer - Bray

Options
  • 12-05-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, sorry if this is a lame question but I'm looking to get my first car (yipee :D) and I've been checking out all the websites. I've found what appears to be the perfect car I've been looking for but none of my family or friends are familiar with the Car Dealership that is selling this particular car.

It's called Ferndale Cars in Bray, and I was just wondering whether people had heard any good or bad things about it?

Thanks anyways :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I don't know them at all, but it looks like they have a decent amount of stock, decently presented - i.e. they're not some guy in his shed or at the side of the road.

Go down and have a look. Take someone with you. Ask about warranties and after-sales support. If it feels right and you trust them, take it further. If ANYTHING makes you feel uncomfortable about the way it's run or the way you're treated, walk away.

There are loads of cars out there and loads of dealers, go with your gut.

Don't buy the car on your first visit. Give yourself a chance to sleep on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

AudiChris wrote: »
    Don't buy the car on your first visit. Give yourself a chance to sleep on it.

I completely agree with this - I was on the verge of trading in on Saturday, and thankfully slept on it and decided not to as the car was quite tatty and needed a bit of work to get it as I would like it.

Anyway - OP, if Bray is convenient for you, then also check out car nation on the Shankill side. If you go to www.carzone.ie you can search by dealer (note that they list their county as Dublin, not Wicklow - which is technically correct).

They generally have a good stock list, and have recently expanded their premises. We bought my wife's car there last year, and it was about 1K under the going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Hi Alicat,

I just saw a adv. on carzone and I had the same question as you did.

Just wonder if you bought from Ferndale Cars in Bray in the end?
    Did you visit them and what did you think?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Don't bump old threads,chances are OP won't see it.Start a new one or PM the OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement