Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Maths

Options
  • 12-05-2008 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

If I was to do every question required on the paper, but only doing a and b questions, what is the maximum grade able to get??:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

well since you said maximum that means you have to get every A and B question right which come on if your able to do that you should be able to get most of part C's right.

anyway every question is worth 50 marks and part C is worth 20marks generally, so the maximum you could get is 60% or 20 marks (or in abouts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Well, give or take a few mistakes...I'll be over the moon if I get a D3!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

30 marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Provided you get every single answer right just doing parts A and B, you'd get a C2.

But why settle for a C2, when you have the ability to get higher?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SebastienX

I think a lot of people struggle at maths at leaving cert for some reason. I always considered maths a strength of mine but only last year when i was doing my LC i realised many struggled. in the institute they had a slowpace ordinary level class which just focused on doing the parts a and b to ensure a pass.
    Maths , i suppose is just one of those subjects where if the foundations are set at a much earlier time or you avoided doing any work on maths years ago, then you seriously begin to pay for it at leaving cert level.
    that plus the way teachers tend to work in ireland. From all maths teachers ive ever had and ive had a good few. theyd assign questions for you to do and never take up the questions. Im sure it would be hell to correct all of them in most cases. But that means depending on your exams in 6th year that you maybe able to coast all the way to the mock before you realise you are in serious trouble.
    Even in mock you could say ahhhh we didnt finish whole course and then you realise a few weeks before the leaving your in trouble.
    Thats why i think maths is the msot demanded subject for grinds. The teaching for the most part is dreadful. Maybe i just never had many continuous assesments in my classes like tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Totally depends sometimes they change the marking schemes.Why not do the c parts they are a bit harder and can make answering a and b parts easier. Doesnt take that much longer.I've done all the algerbra questions form 94-07 and it only took me a day.So doing the ordinary shouldnt take longer fopr the extra marks.

But the format is a 10 b 20 c20 usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Some questions don't have a part C, only A & B so be careful.

Which part C questions are you having difficulty with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Our teacher told us we could get a 'b' if we only did part a and b

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

thatone! wrote: »
    Our teacher told us we could get a 'b' if we only did part a and b

Your teacher is taking chances or maybe she means if you can do all a and b parts plus attempsin c parts you will get 'b'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Some questions don't have a part C, only A & B so be careful.

Which part C questions are you having difficulty with?
    Algebra...em..a good few of paper one, but I know differentiation and complex numbers well, and I know about 65% of arithmetic. I havent gone through all of paper 2 yet but i know i can do simpsons rule and the statistics question...

• Advertisement
Advertisement