Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hop Up

Options
  • 12-05-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a hop up unit?

I need it for my Dboys M4.

I had a look on RSOV but couldn't see anything.

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

maybe the dboys will take a tokyo marui hop up ?
    if so try red wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Actually, I still have the stock hop-up and all it's parts, just that it's in individual pieces...... and i can't put them back together successfully, the spring won't go into it comfortably.

So i guess my other question is.... anyone know how to put a hop up back together?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chunks wrote: »
    Actually, I still have the stock hop-up and all it's parts, just that it's in individual pieces...... and i can't put them back together successfully, the spring won't go into it comfortably.

So i guess my other question is.... anyone know how to put a hop up back together?

They're all pretty straight foward. The only spring is usually around the barrel...is there one in the Hop of an M4???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

They're all pretty straight foward. The only spring is usually around the barrel...is there one in the Hop of an M4???

yeah there's a spring sitting on the end of the arm that pushes the 'bung' into the rubber which is then pushed into the barrell.
    Puding wrote: »

Thanks for that but I think i'd rather go with an all metal make-up. I actually just found this fella on ebaybanned.com http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

each to there own i;ve had great results from the elements parts i trust them more than an unbranded item

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If you have all the bits they are easy to put back together.

What seems to be the problem with it? :confused:

Motosam wrote: »
    If you have all the bits they are easy to put back together.

What seems to be the problem with it? :confused:

Glad you asked actually.

My current stock hop up is identical to this one here
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1120

However, it's completely dis-assembled and in it's individual parts.

There are 2 springs, one on the outside at the front that the barrell housing pushes against, and another one which is attached to the bottom of the a-shaped arm and this pushes the rubber 'bung' through the hole.... is this right?

the whole thing about it is...

I suspected the hop up wasn't working so I stripped the AEG and found that the small rubber 'bung' which is pressed against the rubber on the barrell had come loose from the hop up.

How exactly do you put the 'bung' back into the spring (if it's supposed to go there) and then how is the spring put back into the hole?

If I can get that working then the other cogs and stuff are easily put back together.

/edit
    Mods, seeing as this has now turned into a troubleshooting type of thread feel free to move it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Glad you asked actually.

My current stock hop up is identical to this one here
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1120

However, it's completely dis-assembled and in it's individual parts.

There are 2 springs, one on the outside at the front that the barrell housing pushes against, and another one which is attached to the bottom of the a-shaped arm and this pushes the rubber 'bung' through the hole.... is this right?

the whole thing about it is...

I suspected the hop up wasn't working so I stripped the AEG and found that the small rubber 'bung' which is pressed against the rubber on the barrell had come loose from the hop up.

How exactly do you put the 'bung' back into the spring (if it's supposed to go there) and then how is the spring put back into the hole?

If I can get that working then the other cogs and stuff are easily put back together.

/edit
    Mods, seeing as this has now turned into a troubleshooting type of thread feel free to move it, thanks.

lol bung :D

I think your doing the spring wrong.

On the plastic arm that presses down is a hemi-sphere of plastic, the little spring goes on this and into a sort of cylindrical cut in the hop body, the arm has a semi-circle too, the small rubber cylinder (hop nub) sits in that, and presses down through a hole in the body of the hop onto the hop rubber(bucking).

The only thing that presses against the rubber is the little rubber cylinder, not the spring, that merely pushes the arm up.

Once you put it all back together, the spring should be held in place, the other spring just keeps the hop body pressed against the gearbox, hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I have a r85a1 hop up if you want, well it's what i think is the hop up...
    Also i don't have a clue if it will help you.
    It's just sitting there so i you need it give us a shout.

Motosam wrote: »
    lol bung :D
    the arm has a semi-circle too, the small rubber cylinder (hop nub) sits in that, and presses down through a hole in the body of the hop onto the hop rubber(bucking).

aha! that's it! that's exactly where I'm going wrong. Thanks for setting me straight on that :D

last question.... Should the bung (:D) be fixed into the semi-circle on the arm? cos at the moment it's just loose and when I assemble it it just falls freely into the hop up chamber. Either that or it's a case of assembling it while the barrell and bucking is in place.

Thanks again.

nope it just sits in there, if ya dont get it sorted you can drop it in to me when ya getting your other gun and i'll sort it for ya.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

cool

vtec wrote: »
    nope it just sits in there, if ya dont get it sorted you can drop it in to me when ya getting your other gun and i'll sort it for ya.,:)

I think I have it sorted now. Seems to be firing ok now.

Any news on the other patient?

I think I have it sorted now. Seems to be firing ok now.

Any news on the other patient?

should be fixed tomorrow or the next day at the latest.,:)

should be fixed tomorrow or the next day at the latest.,:)

Nice one! Will you be there Saturday? My mate wants to come in with me and spend an exorbitant amount of money since shooting my M4.

Also, don't suppose you could chrono my M4 for me? I couldn't see where it was written on the box when I got it from you and I'm curious to see what it's shooting at.

This forum needs a salute smiley 56013.gif

Nice one! Will you be there Saturday? My mate wants to come in with me and spend an exorbitant amount of money since shooting my M4.

Also, don't suppose you could chrono my M4 for me? I couldn't see where it was written on the box when I got it from you and I'm curious to see what it's shooting at.

This forum needs a salute smiley 56013.gif

I wont be there personally on sat but i can have the gun ready for ya to collect.,:) getting something chrono'd is no probs either, the writing is usually on the right end of the box too.,

I wont be there personally on sat but i can have the gun ready for ya to collect.,:) getting something chrono'd is no probs either, the writing is usually on the right end of the box too.,

Ah right, perfect. I'll bring my other mate in on Saturday too so, he needs more ammo cos he's busy training all those recruits in the army don't you know ;)

Ah right, perfect. I'll bring my other mate in on Saturday too so, he needs more ammo cos he's busy training all those recruits in the army don't you know ;)

ROFL., Inside joke.,:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement