Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird puppy poo

Options
  • 12-05-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi

My puppy is 10 weeks old and has been pooing a white phlegmmy/mucussy substance (sorry I know it's gross!) every couple of days. He is on all dry food and seems in great spirits but just worried about this, is it normal? He doesn't do it every day, and the rest of the time his poo is normal. Advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

What are you feeding him exactly?

Without knowing that the only advice i can give you is..

Dont eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

It could be worms, either way your safest bet is taking the pup to the vet t be sure it isnt a problem with his digestion or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭theonlygirl

We are feeding him the food the Vet actually recommended to us, his appetite seems fine and he's full of beans, but it's just these random weird poos are freaking me out, he's my first dog and i've been on the internet finding all sorts of horror possibilities for what it could be so I think I need to bring him to a vet to put my mind at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

bring a sample of the weird poo as well (in a clean plastic bag)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Hi

My puppy is 10 weeks old and has been pooing a white phlegmmy/mucussy substance (sorry I know it's gross!) every couple of days. He is on all dry food and seems in great spirits but just worried about this, is it normal? He doesn't do it every day, and the rest of the time his poo is normal. Advice appreciated!
    when did you acquire the pup exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi theOneGirl,

There are a couple of things to think about that may be a reason.
    Your pub is extremely young at 10 weeks. Our puppies had wierd poop at that age too. They are still getting used to their new environment, so they may be a little stressed from all the new changes. They have probably had a change in food over the last couple of weeks too and puppies don't have the best stomachs.
    Have you had your puppy at the vets yet? Becuase the vet will weigh the puppy and give the recommended dosage of worming medicine. Keep in mind that you may need to have 2 doses of worming medicine before worms are gone. (Now that is gross ... ! )

They can get dehydrated very quicky. Make sure you supply fresh water.

If your puppy has diarrhea or wierd poohs at 10 weeks and it is ongoing you need to go back to the vet.
    They are too small to take any risks with and keep in mind that they are not innoculated at 10 weeks so I wouldn't be wasting any time. Better safe than sorry ..

Best of luck
    B

Advertisement