Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deconstructing.......Glowingmind

Options
  • 12-05-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Post 1000.

Take your best shots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

you need to stop having aces when I go AIPF with 88

that was my 5 minutes of table time with you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

you need to stop having aces when I go AIPF with 88

that was my 5 minutes of table time with you lol

That was a year ago, quit living in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

Well ed how are you keeping. you have probably got a lot better in the last year. i rem it was easy to tell when u didnt connect with a flop . you used to play it very weak when u raised preflop.Believe more when you are betting. hows the new job going. Say hello to that brother of yours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Played with you once. Ever.

Cant really comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

If you don't know who someone is, ask or don't bother posting please. Posts deleted at the start of the thread.

Ste05

EDIT:

Rory, and others

This wasn't self nominated, Glowingwind asked me if he could do one, and I said he could for his 1k post. And it's not a well, it's where people criticise and critique a persons play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I've deleted another load of posts to keep the thread useable for Glowingwind.

However, alot of people have asked who you are Glowingwind, so could you please tell people who you are (assuming you play Live in town and elsewhere) and you'll probably get a better response. Or maybe a description to assist people in ID'ing you??

For those of you that can't put a face to a name, i'm the one on the right in this picture:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/irishnikon/Santasstrikegame/photo#5011867303044133378

Any of you who've played the regular tourneys in the SE over the past couple of years would likely have played with me a bit.

dacman wrote: »
    Well ed how are you keeping. you have probably got a lot better in the last year. i rem it was easy to tell when u didnt connect with a flop . you used to play it very weak when u raised preflop.Believe more when you are betting. hows the new job going. Say hello to that brother of yours

Hi Ciaran,

I rember you saying that to me on a smoke break in the SE (IO satellite i think), and it's definitely something i've tried to work on. Work's going good. Will slap my bro upside his head on your behalf asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

more aggression required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Cheers for the photo now I know who you are. I played with you once in the NL game in the SE . You built up a nice tank that night but blew the loot with a couple of terrible bluffs and a sustained period of monkey tilt. I cant really judge you on one night's performance but going by the aforementioned episode you've quite a bit of work to do.
    Good luck,
    Conor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Dont leave the comfort of my laptop to play much live poker so cant help lol. gl with this!

-Ste/Dom: Perhaps it should be made compulsory to include a real name+photo in all future deconstructing and Well threads. No photo, No thread. I think it would improve the feedback received. Instead of this reaction: :confused: might get more of this "ahhhhhhhhh HIM! stacked me with 67o in S.E./Killarney/drogheda what a fish" or "trapped me with a set of ducks, the sly so-and-so!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Hi Ed,

Again havn't played with you too much... once in lukes and once in SE that I remember..

from what I've seen you are pretty competent but I think you might have been card dead but you did let yourself get blinded out at one stage where you had to push pretty light in a situation where it was auto call for the oppontent... try and stay alive picking blinds... but then again you know this...

regarding your play you seem to play very good tag game and were certainly competent...

best of luck in the thread..

Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

more aggression required.

I think your game has improved Ed over the last year from the little I've played with you but aggression in later stages of tournies and tilt control are the two big things I've seen.

Cheers for the comments guys. One of the reasons i wanted to do a deconstructing thread is because I have a number of huge leaks in my game and know they need plugging if i want to make any sort of sustained profit.
    Surprised none of you have mentioned that i'm a ridiculous calling station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spem4392

You are a "ridiculous calling station"...

Advertisement