Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics HL

Options
  • 12-05-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone here that is doing Home Economics higher Level and has the national educational company of Ireland exam papers????

Please list the short answers in the sample paper 1 and 2. (Section A)

(I’m doing it as an extra subject. It not offered at school) PLEASE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

How did you end up doing home ec as an extra subject? How did you enter your practical journal work? did you not need to do the cookery in a school with a teacher?? its hard enough doing it with a teacher but on your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Home economics exam papers question ;

what are the following answers anyone please that does HE;

macro minerals..??

Trace Minerals...??

outline 6 uses of egges in food preparation and cooking ..??

Defind "processed foods"

the diffrents between primary and secondary processing ??

3 methods of food preservation

6 sources of consumer information

six factors which can be affect management

UHT mean

thx for the answers !!!

If you dont know the answers to those questions you shouldnt be doing higher level. Do you have a book ? if so look it up!!! some of those questions are covered on the jc course not to mind hl leaving cert!!! How did you end up doing this on your own!!! if you didnt hand up a practical journal you know you have already lost 20% you need grinds and quickly!

If you dont know the answers to those questions you shouldnt be doing higher level. Do you have a book ? if so look it up!!! some of those questions are covered on the jc course not to mind hl leaving cert!!! How did you end up doing this on your own!!! if you didnt hand up a practical journal you know you have already lost 20% you need grinds and quickly!

Yes i have a book its rapid revision. I know all the answers to section B and C.But not all the short answers to section A :o . HELP ME WITH THE SHORT QUSTIONS'S PLEASE !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

there is only so much that i can do..i am in 5th yr...

Trace Minerals...??

Minerals are inorganic nutrients, the human body requires 20 minerals elements to protect against diseases, there are required in small amount
    s, those required in minute quantities are referred as trace minerals.eg iron,zinc

i just presume that macro means those we need in a large amount??such as calcium...(i dunno )

to bind
    to coat
    to thicken
    as an emulsifier
    to aerate
    to glaze
    to garnish
    to enrich

UHT

ultra heated treatment..

do i spoz to explain it ?

• Advertisement

~Candy~ wrote: »
    there is only so much that i can do..i am in 5th yr...

Trace Minerals...??

Minerals are inorganic nutrients, the human body requires 20 minerals elements to protect against diseases, there are required in small amount
    s, those required in minute quantities are referred as trace minerals.eg iron,zinc

i just presume that macro means those we need in a large amount??such as calcium...(i dunno )

to bind
    to coat
    to thicken
    as an emulsifier
    to aerate
    to glaze
    to garnish
    to enrich

UHT

ultra heated treatment..

do i spoz to explain it ?

Oh thanks :):D really helped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

3 methods of food preservation:
    Freezing, canning, drying

Macro nutrient:
    These are needed in large amounts by the body, they are protein, fat and carbs

you can log onto www.examinations.ie and get the marking scheme fot the last few years and get the answers that way too by the way

dragonfly! wrote: »
    3 methods of food preservation:
    Freezing, canning, drying

Macro nutrient:
    These are needed in large amounts by the body, they are protein, fat and carbs

you can log onto www.examinations.ie and get the marking scheme fot the last few years and get the answers that way too by the way

thx yeah i did the past state exam papers , thnx for the help again :)

you should try to get your hands on a lc book any of them would be good but lifelines seems to be the best for explanations. The rapid revision books are good but tend to be aimed at those who have a good overview of the course already and leave out the basics behind it. Also remember that sometimes the questions in the sample papers are not exactly great as mostly in exam papers they will give you 2007 - 2004 the sample paper just after that (the one that is just called sample paper) is one released by the dept of ed as a guide before the new syllabus was actually examined in 2004, so what im trying to say is all the sample papers after that are ones produced by the company not the dept of ed so they may not be the best guide. Have you checked out skoool.ie they have some good notes in all areas and definitions too.

Advertisement