Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Rincewind Run!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Cant watch those in work unfortunately.

But as for Rincewind I think that the illustrator for "The Last Hero" really captured him perfectly. Tall, scrawny and pure misery defined :D

Not the best pictures -
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0060507772.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/images/RincewindAndLuggage.jpg

I still don't agree with David Jason being cast as him, not suited to the part really. Just didn't look right.

It's a pity you can't see it, because it is the spitting image of those illustrations. Very funny too.

Some stills from their website:
    Rincewind Running
    Rincewind's face

Bugger, ill make sure to watch it when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well that was terrific. :D

Well that was terrific. :D
    I thought the ending was fantastic when Rincewind goes up to Terry Pratchett and calls him a bastard

"We're Woodsmen" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I quite liked that one. It was made last year for Pratchett's speech before getting some award at some Sci-Fi event down under. **
    /vagueness. :|

Definitely more how I imagined Rincewind to look like, but David Jason was not as bad as I thought he would be.

** I just noticed it tells you at the start it's the Oz discworld convention. D'uh to me.

Ah I really enjoyed that :D
    See lads, I told you they were brown !

The looks on some peoples faces when he was running through the streets were good too.

The same productioncompany behind that have another in delelopment at the minute too called "Troll Bridge" starring Cohen the Barbarian.

http://snowgumfilms.com/trollbridge/

This is after making me want to break out hte Soul Music and Wyrd sister AVI's I have but never watched yet (the cartoon ones with welsh voice actors) - anyone seen those ?

I thought it was a very funny idea to have him pop into the Real World. I would love to see a book to that effect! Rincewind's reaction to the book was pretty good, too.

Soul Music is pretty good. It has a great sound-track but the animation is a bit outdated.

I just watched the first episode of Soul music. The voice acting is a bit grating (Even worse for Wyrd Sisters) but I kind of like the style of animation it suits it I think. Plus soul music is one of my favorite books too :)

Ill sit through wyrd sisters as long as theres either "The hedgehod can never be buggered at all" of "a wizards staff has a knob on the end" sung somewhere throughout the film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the cartoons were.... interesting
    i'll say that for them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, they were very nicely done & very funny; a stark contrast with the Sky productions. Which really shows you that it doesn't matter how much money or star names you throw at something, you need a group of people with a bit of comic timing

Advertisement