Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat Race Adventure

Options
  • 12-05-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

The Rat Race is coming to Belfast and Galway is anyone entering it? I am entered in the belfast race really looking forward to it. Seen other events and they look amazing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Yeah I'm interested. Is it team based or do you compete on your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

The races that are coming over here are 8hour format team based. Teams of two or three. All the details are on there website also they have 10% discount coupons on the downloads section. Friends done one of these in scotland and loved it.

Yeah I think we're doing the Belfast race. Watch this space and I'll let you know for sure in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

This sounds fantastic.. Galway in September is probably a bit soon..
    Hope they run it again next year..

I'd say so, its seems to be quite popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

I'd say if you wanna do it properly you'd wanna go to Edinburgh or so.

Its only the crappy version in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Its only the crappy version in Galway

I wouldnt call it crappy. Just compressed into a day event instead of two days. Will still follow the same disciplines. I think it is a good introduction to the Adventure racing for people that havent done it. Maybe as its the first year over here they are just testing the water to see if it will be as popular. I am really looking forward to it anyway.

Quite an endurance test to complete in 8 hours imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Enduro

Nah... it really is a very short and easy AR, as they go. In something like the rat race its not really 8 hours of non-stop endurance... more like little spurts of acivities interspersed with other distractions.

The main reason for them running one in Galway is the enormous amount of money that they are being paid by Ireland West Tourism to promote the west as an adventure sports destination. Same reason as Gael Force West.

And yeah, it is the crappy version in Galway (and Belfast). Couldn't be bothered myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Siobhan B

Hi Guys,
    The Galway & Belfast is a compressed version of the Rat Race but has everything that the two day events have.
    They are running a few of these 1 day events in the UK aswell this year in the smaller cities, to see how they go. I have been to the Birmingham event which was a one day event and which was amazing! They are a great way to get a feel for adventure races!
    The Rat Races are also very different as they have alot more quircky disiplines and challenges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement