Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

who will put a new battery in my watch ?

• 12-05-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

can I go to any old jewelry shop and they will do it for me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yep, any jewelers can take care of that for you.

The only time I saw any issues with this was with a friends fossil watch when a jewelers didnt have the right tool to open the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

c - 13 wrote: »
    The only time I saw any issues with this was with a friends fossil watch when a jewelers didnt have the right tool to open the back of it.
    Even things like that are rare occurences!
    As c13 has said. All jewellers should be able to put in another battery at a reasonably cheap price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

10 yoyos they charged me

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

A goldsmith told me once that lots of the jewellers in Dublin bring the watches to Dawson Jewellers, Dawson St, opposite the Dawson Lounge for new batteries. That's where I go now. They seem to turn over a fair few batteries / straps / faces. NB I had a new face put on my watch & it wasn't right, mind - it had to go back to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

If it's a waterproof watch then there's a chance that after it's opened it will not be waterproof. Most jewellers will tell you that before you commit to getting it done. AFAIK, if you want the watch to definitely be waterproof again after being opened it usually involves some sort of a fee (and presumably this would include some sort of guarantee or warranty but don't quote me on that). Certainly one jeweller in the Blanch Centre has a sign up to this effect. I can't remember how much the charge was though...

If they don't mention it, it's probably a good idea to ask them just to be on the safe side... Hope this is useful to y'all...

Waterproof Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mcerc

Maybe a bit pricey but weirs on grafton st is a very solid bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tara45

Tell them not to mess it up ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tara45

Interesting to note though. A jeweller will keep all the old batteries and then sell them on to nickel merchants for a tidy sum.

Your old battery is still worth something :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Wiers won't work on any make of watch they don't sell. I went to get links taken out of my Lotus watch and refused me because of their rule.

There is a place on Grafton Street that sell diamonds and stuff, they took links out for 8euro. I'm sure they do batteries too, cause they sell watches.

Advertisement