Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching online poker...

Options
  • 11-05-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Bit of a habit I have developed! I have found my self playing the odd SNG while being more interested in watching other players and games.

This only started a short while back while watching Shaffry(sp?) FT'ing a 109 rebuy(via a post here somewhere). I noticed another player and thought he was timing out etc to hang in by his bollix. I think from about 16 out he cashed in about 7th for decent money. Decided to OPR him and realised he was not some lucky sod but a decent enough winner. Sn is Aryamehr.

Anyone else "rail" players and if so is there anyone worth watching bar the normal high stakes guys on FT and Stars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

Simplicity wrote: »
    Bit of a habit I have developed! I have found my self playing the odd SNG while being more interested in watching other players and games.

This only started a short while back while watching Shaffry(sp?) FT'ing a 109 rebuy(via a post here somewhere). I noticed another player and thought he was timing out etc to hang in by his bollix. I think from about 16 out he cashed in about 7th for decent money. Decided to OPR him and realised he was not some lucky sod but a decent enough winner. Sn is Aryamehr.

Anyone else "rail" players and if so is there anyone worth watching bar the normal high stakes guys on FT and Stars?

while i play i rail my buddy playing from 1/2 hu too 25/50 hu...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,868 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you want to watch some good online action, the bestest is durrr and ivey when they go at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you want to watch some good online action, the bestest is durrr and ivey when they go at it.

The problem with watching those tables is the players have built up so much history with each-other that a lot of the play just seems bonkers/bad or makes no sense. 25/50 on Full tilt makes for some very interesting viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

i like to rail beth shak and ali nejad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

i like to rail beth shak and ali nejad

Cheers Holl. Ill look them up during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

they are not very good but they are the only full tilt pros who ive ever talked to. I hit and ran ali nejad at 8/16 horse so sometimes i like to open up his table and say ALI U SUCK and close it again.

Id have a look at the HSdb and see whos playing the nosebleeds if i were u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

Another good site for tracking the action is http://www.nhbra.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Shivverz wrote: »
    Another good site for tracking the action is http://www.nhbra.com

Wtf is that site? Has it been around long and is it popular do you know? $999/month subscription for glorified lobby info, I like their style :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Was watching ansky and schniblor at 25/50 nl the other day. good viewing and ansky was owning from what I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

I rail sometimes on FT but find that someone can be waiting for a game for hours. Like last week i opened up a 300/600NL HU table to find Phil Galfond (OMGClayAiken) sitting in. I looking forward to watching him play as i enjoyed reading his articles but 3 hours later no one had challanged him. It must be so fustrating for these type players to get action online. Im sure he was playing a couple of 6max games while waiting but it must be very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

blainj2 wrote: »
    I rail sometimes on FT but find that someone can be waiting for a game for hours. Like last week i opened up a 300/600NL HU table to find Phil Galfond (OMGClayAiken) sitting in. I looking forward to watching him play as i enjoyed reading his articles but 3 hours later no one had challanged him. It must be so fustrating for these type players to get action online. Im sure he was playing a couple of 6max games while waiting but it must be very annoying.

everytime I've ever logged in urindanger is sitting at 3/6,2/4 and 50/1 getting no action.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    everytime I've ever logged in urindanger is sitting at 3/6,2/4 and 50/1 getting no action.

Yeah he was at the other 3/6 HU table for the same period of time. Get a new screen name imo at least they will be unknown for a short period of time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Buddy list all the marks and watch the sharks come running as they sit at the high stakes. There have been a decent few 100/200 + 200/400 games running on PS lately because of one certain individual. Although ADZ decided to mock the guy in chat not realising the guy was still logged on at another table so might not be as willing in future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dougalinho10

adz124 is a v.good player. def worth watching

Advertisement