Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for accommodation for summer

Options
  • 11-05-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'm starting a job in the city at the beginning of June, and i'm looking for somewhere to rent from june- end of august. Has anyone any suggestions on places to look? Looking for either 1 bed or 3 bed properties, any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

right,where in limerick will u be working?will it be the city centre?
    Best bet so would be caherdavin or the city centre
    Anywhere else will be a tough commute.
    Where in offaly are u from btw?Im from tullamore,been down here for the last 6 years!

and try daft.ie

edit:accomadation in castletroy and caherdavin will be dirt cheap as they will be a huge amount of empty student accomadation

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Gonna be working right in the city centre, ideally i want to be able to walk to work - don't want to have to depend on buses etc. i'm used to the Mary I side of the city so might focus there. Have found a few places on daft.ie, just wanted a few more options.

I'm from Birr, been in limerick the last 2 years in college!

Stick to the caherdavin side,you should find cheapish rent that side.
    Or you could just stay where you are now?Ask the landlord,would prob be happy to have somewhere there for the summer.

Our house is already rented out, got the job offer after typical huh :D Ok i'll look into that, any other suggestions? thanks a mil by the way

caherdavin and castletroy will be dirt cheap...im not a student myself but i could ask around for ya if ya wanted,i know one or two landlords in those areas

• Advertisement

ah no you're grand! still not quiet sure what i'm looking for - very complicated situation!! i've 2 friends who are thinking about working in limerick for the summer too, but one is in spain till the end of june and the other isn't sure yet so i dunno whether to just look for one bed places for myself caus i badly need accommodation before june or to look for a 3 bed place for us all :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Castletroy is the place for the summer...done th auld cheapo rent there once or twice myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

brid_m wrote: »

I'm from Birr, been in limerick the last 2 years in college!

Shur arent i from birr myself, renting in caherdavin for 3 years! We're getting it pretty cheap for the summer, like 45-50 a week. Only thing is theres nowt to do in caherdavin over the summer.

Theres apartments going in mt. kennet place on the dock road, ive friends living there, nice enough

Ha thats gas, i'll look into that mt. kenneth place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Castletroy is the place for the summer...done th auld cheapo rent there once or twice myself..

+1

I did it myself one summer, it's definitely the cheapest option

• Advertisement

how is the bus service from castletroy into the city? if i lived there i'd be very dependent on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

two services the cie one and the euro bus as its called... bus stops by the hurles and if ya budget your time you will be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Near me there's student accommodation for €89 a week in Brookfield Hall, I think they're available through the summer too. I've seen these units, they're a good standard, newly built, clean and comfortable. As far as I know it's a well run complex. I think you get your own room in a shared apartment for that price. Might be worth having a look. The other advantage of Castletroy is it's on the Dublin Road so, if you're coming from Dublin, you just hop off the bus at Castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

jesus 89 quid a week is astronomical for those apartments. Thats an absolute bloody rip-off.

Its the same crowd that run thomond village out by LIT. Thats only 50 a week during summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Oracle wrote: »
    Near me there's student accommodation for €89 a week in Brookfield Hall, I think they're available through the summer too. I've seen these units, they're a good standard, newly built, clean and comfortable. As far as I know it's a well run complex. I think you get your own room in a shared apartment for that price. Might be worth having a look. The other advantage of Castletroy is it's on the Dublin Road so, if you're coming from Dublin, you just hop off the bus at Castletroy.

Its €60 a week during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Who Would U Have To Talk To To Get Accomodation Around Ul??thomond Village For 50 Quid A Week?????i Rang Them 3 Weeks Ago And The Lady Said 370 A Week.i Said U Sure Thats Not A Month She Said No A Week?my Reply Thats More Expensive Than A Mortgage,she Said No Thats A Week I Laughed Hung Up?so Could Somebody Put Me Straight?thx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Brookfield Hall is available to book for the summer, they're calling it Limerick Luxury Holiday Accommodation, not sure I'd go that far, but they are well-appointed apartments. It says €69 per week on the booking form, but maybe you could negotiate if you're staying a few months.

Hi Dundrum McCarthy I don't know the answer to your question. Although it wouldn't surprise me if UL accommodation was that expensive, the rate you've quoted seems high though. I'd say everyone wants to live on-campus, so it's probably supply and demand. Someone here might know about the UL accommodation, although you could try the UL board. Brookfield Hall is not on-campus but only 5 mins away, there's a shuttle bus to UL regularly.

thanks for all the replies and suggestions, really hoping to stay on the south circular road side of the city, used to the area because of college, plus i wont have to depend on buses, so keep the ideas coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

RINO87 wrote: »
    jesus 89 quid a week is astronomical for those apartments. Thats an absolute bloody rip-off.

Its the same crowd that run thomond village out by LIT. Thats only 50 a week during summer

no its not €50, its about €65 a week now... you cant pay weekly, you have to pay for the whole summer in advance + utilities...works out at about €970 for the 3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Castletroy ftw.

For ~€30 per week you cant go wrong. Only a city bus from town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Milford

Any1 lookin 4 accom from sept '09 to may '10. I have a room avabile in avilla milford grange !! 2 mins from east gate and bus stop!! 60 euro a week!! electric shower and oil heating!

Advertisement