Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokay Gecko

Options
  • 11-05-2008 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

hey guys, i got a mating pair of tokays a few years ago, since then they have had clutches of eggs, when hatched i brought them dow to the loacal pet shop here in waterford, pets or vets.. a nice family run business. recentally there was a fire behind the petshop in a building called youdecor, im sure plenty of ya heard about it, massive inferno, anyways the power was cut so i went in asking about rescuing a few lizards for a few days till they get them selfs sorted, i was given my tokays back, i was told i could hang onto them because of thier aggressive nature no1 wanted them. it turns out the 2 babys are male and female, they are nearly the same size as the rents, so i thought nothing of throwing them into the same cage, i got a new cage, 4foot tall (they love to climb up walls) 2foot deep and 2 foot wide, they been living together for the last 2 months without a problem, i came in thismorn and theres blood on the window, i cant see any of the lads because they are all hiding out under the fake plants and they are quite agressive so im not going picking them up..
    im guessing the males had a fight, i didnt think territory would be a problem due to the new tank and its size... is there any ways around this? im guessing its going to be take out the injured male, put him in his own tank or sell him..
    opinions please..

kas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'd definetly seperate them. wear a glove if you're afraid of getting bitten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 da-mahon-don

ya seperate them...i have 4 of um together(3f and 1 m) there all grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

ive been bitten by them before, thats not a problem, i think i might sell on the younger fella.. any takers? hes missing about a half inch off the end of his tale, its currently growing back..

bump..
    it is kinda urgent he finds a home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Where you based Kastro.I might be interested.

• Advertisement

waterford, i travel to dublin quite a bit so i can bring him with me.. ill let him go for cheap if ya can give him a nice comfy home ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Kastro wrote: »
    waterford, i travel to dublin quite a bit so i can bring him with me.. ill let him go for cheap if ya can give him a nice comfy home ;)

Ok let me check and see if I have a spare cage.

i hope ya mean tank.....

i had an egg hatch as well.. wont be getting rid of him just yet, perhaps not at all.. hes premature and is still connected to his yoke sack and feeding from it, poor fella, im caring for him as much as i can, up every hour to let him lick some water from my finger.. there aint much info on premature hatchlings.

Kastro wrote: »
    i hope ya mean tank.....

I actually never keep my reps in tanks.Most of my cages are wooden/plastic with glass sliding doors.Havent even had a chance to look yet--will do tonight or over the weekend.

If youre stuck with how to look after that baby ring Ben in Reptile Haven--he`ll gladly give you info over the phone.

the little guy seems grand, yoke has fallen off but hes mucho young and frail.. ben has some of my hatchlings up there.. im pretty sure what im at :D
    let me know if ya want the male.. ill bring him up with me next week.. what reptiles ya housing atm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement