Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless card terminals and security

Options
  • 10-05-2008 10:10pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not quite sure where to post this but here goes:

With the advent of chip and pin the number of wireless credit/laser card paymentmachines seems to have increased signficiantly.

Does anyone know if there are any security standards set by anybody for these.

If I am not mistaken I think one of the big card scams perpetrated recently in the US began through the hacking of these non secured terminals and the hackers were able to 'follow' the trail into the main financial system of the company concerned and clean up.

If you were in an apartment over one of the big restaurants in temple bar I wonder would you be able to get some card numbers and pins??

Advertisement