Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copying dvd's

Options
  • 10-05-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

If I could get answers to the following questians it would be much appreciated. I need to copy 150 promo dvd's (5Minute) for viewing on pc's and 150 dvd's for viewing on pc's and t.v. This is part of a special fundraiser so I cannot justify paying big money to have them professionaly reproduced. Purchased Maxell SQ cd-r 80sq 700MB from Lidl very cheap and they seem to work on my P.C. Question can I speed up the burning process it say's the target speed is 28 ox but its operating at 7 ox and takes 10 minutes per CD.
    Also these new CD's won't work on TV. Question what do I need to do to copy cd's for to view on both??. many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,165 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

should be quick to burn cds, if the burner is reasonably new and the media is rated to burn fast, usually x48 or something

maybe look at burning in svcd format (or maybe mini-dvd(cDVD)?), should playback on standard dvd player

you never siad what burning software or type of file your using

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

Thanks for reply I'm hopeless useing ROXIO program is that any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,165 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

http://www.videohelp.com/guides?searchtext=&tools=&madeby=&formatconversionselect=&howtoselect=3%3B6&orderby=Date&listall=1&hits=25&archive=0&search=Search+or+List+Guides

maybe check out the guides on the above site

you'll need to author a dvd before burning if you want it to play on a dvd player
    dvdauthor is a good program, and i think you can download a 15 day trial

most dvd players will play mpeg2 or mpg files copied straight to disc, so if you convert your video to that it should work. super is a good cnverter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sean02 wrote: »
    I need to copy 150 promo dvd's (5Minute) for viewing on pc's and 150 dvd's for viewing on pc's and t.v.

But then you say....
    Sean02 wrote: »
    Purchased Maxell SQ cd-r 80sq 700MB

Which are CD's (i.e. not DVD's).

DVD and CD are two totally different formats. Some DVD players will play CD's that are written as VCD's (Video CD's), but really if you want to be sure, you should be burning in DVD format on DVD's.

www.svp.co.uk sell blank DVD media very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Another place for cheap media is www.mediawrite.ie ....always purchase my dvd's off them :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nforce wrote: »
    Another place for cheap media is www.mediawrite.ie ....always purchase my dvd's off them :)
    You should use their new site now, www.discs.ie

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

Replies much appreciated. I'm still a bit lost a total tecno dumbo, however with your advice my son will have no bother completing the project i'm sure.

Advertisement