Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 10-05-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

i want a lcd/plasma tv for watching sdtv, somewhere in the 40" region, il be watching alot of footie matches on it, il be hooking up PS3, need at least 2 scart inputs for a couple of different things, budget bout €1500, was thinking panasonic or samsung

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

A guy in another thread just got a fantastic deal on a great 40" Samsung in Power City. I'd highly recommend looking into trying to get the same deal. I would've, if i had the room for a 40"...
    Thread is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

i was actually reading that thread earlier today, any idea what the model number is, all the thread has is the model number for the 37"

Hold on think i found it going by the price jasonb said he paid for it, think its LE40A552P3RXXU

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Yep, that's the one, the link for it on Power City is here. If you ask them not to give you the dvd player, which is what jasonb did, you can get it for €1099.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

i want a lcd/plasma tv for watching sdtv, somewhere in the 40" region, il be watching alot of footie matches on it, il be hooking up PS3, need at least 2 scart inputs for a couple of different things, budget bout €1500, was thinking panasonic or samsung

Many would argue that Plasma TVs still have the edge when it comes to watching fast moving sequences (eg sport) and SDTV. - Panasonic's Plasma TVs
    have a good reputation

i thought that alright, god damn it decisions decisions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

xanthor wrote: »
    Many would argue that Plasma TVs still have the edge when it comes to watching fast moving sequences (eg sport) and SDTV. - Panasonic's Plasma TVs
    have a good reputation
    Yeah, have a Panasonic plasma myself, and find it excellent, even with SD pictures. The ability to show decent SD was one of the main reasons for opting for plasma for me.

Of course, it looks even better through the PS3 wiht a nice 1080p BD :D

so i am none the wiser on what tv to get, i watch alot of football and itll be all sdtv so the plasma is what i thought id need but then i thought i might get by on an lcd, and now i just dont know

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just go into a decent electrical shop, and see them in action. Then just opt for one that suits you, as what might suit others may not be to your liking.

byte wrote: »
    Just go into a decent electrical shop, and see them in action. Then just opt for one that suits you, as what might suit others may not be to your liking.

i know what your saying but i dont trust looking at them in tv shops as the feed isnt always the greatest and u cant watch one tv without the one beside catching ur eye, they always tend to have hd tv's showing hd beside tv's showing sdtv so it looks terrible altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

A Panasonic plasma will murder any Samsung when it comes to quality , so Panasonic is the one.
    Having seen many many examples of both , there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about this.

• Advertisement

mathias wrote: »
    A Panasonic plasma will murder any Samsung when it comes to quality , so Panasonic is the one.
    Having seen many many examples of both , there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about this.

haha just when i thought samsung lcd had the edge panasonic comes straight back in there

Advertisement