Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeboat Restaurant in Skerries

Options
  • 10-05-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Tried this one in March and food and service v good - at the time they did not take credit cards - anyone been there lately who can advise if grub still good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thejem

ate there recently, middle of May and could not fault anything, we had a drink downstairs and then brought upstairs when table was ready.
    starters, main & dessert were sevred in good time, well present and cooked as ordered (steak).
    it was busy the night we were there, nice setting, well laid out, tables not on top of each other.
    we go back without any doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Critic 69

Have been there a few times now and will go back. Cbreeze they do take cards now alright. My fav would have to be the Scallop and Prawn Thermador, to die for. Usually go midweek as I keep on forgetting to book and can never get a seat at the weekend if we dont book, but I suppose thats a good thing too. Would highly recommend it to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colemanjo

Just like 'TheJem' review - agree as well. Have been there a few times now and found it very enjoyable. Lovely relaxing bar area downstairs to have a drink and peruse the menu beforehand. They bring you up to your table when ready. Great views of the harbour on sunny evenings. Couldn't fault the food at all. Excellent service. Tip: book the front window table for the best view. If a group ask for main restaurant table sitting rather than the back 'annexe' part - nicer atmosphere there than being apart from it, with better views. Will certainly be going back again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I am just a bit of a cynic or do the two very positive reviews both from first time posters stink of dodgyness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well we'll just have to take them at face value as people who were so enamoured with the restaurant that they felt the urge to sign up and post ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colemanjo

Nothing dodgy in it at all I can assure you. Yes - new to Boards.ie as I came across it looking for reviews to pass on with my recommendation to a friend. Hence signed up to spread the word, especially after my firm favourite restaurant in Skerries closed down a few weeks ago - Russells.
    So there you go. This is actaully the second attempt of a restaurant in the old lifeboat station and is absolutely far better than the first one that was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

colemanjo wrote: »
    Nothing dodgy in it at all I can assure you. Yes - new to Boards.ie as I came across it looking for reviews to pass on with my recommendation to a friend. Hence signed up to spread the word, especially after my firm favourite restaurant in Skerries closed down a few weeks ago - Russells.
    So there you go. This is actaully the second attempt of a restaurant in the old lifeboat station and is absolutely far better than the first one that was there.

Take no notice,were not all cynics around here :o welcome to Boards and Im sure you will enjoy it for what it is.......
    oh and thanks for the review, I will keep it in mind next time im in Skerries and hungry:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,754 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've spoken to a few people locally who've only had great things to say about the place since it re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Been to it twice recently and thought it was great.Food and service was very good,the chef even did a 'Surf and Turf' for me though it wasn't on the menu, herself loved the seafood. One thing I really like about it, as soon they hand you the menu they ask you would you like a drink! Jaysus I can never get over that in Ireland in a lot of places they hand you a menu and wander off, and you're left there with your tongue hanging out for a drink.So top marks to the Lifeboat, oh yeah nice buzz in the place too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Critic 69

Ha, had a feeling that someone would say something about it being my first post, I actually have been reading loads here but decided to register and give my review cause I thought it was nice. Looks like I wasnt the only one either. Anyway, good to see other people agreeing. Will be going again myself this week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Non-first-poster here. :D

I've eaten there 3 times with my wife since it re-opened. They're taking credit cards etc. now. Haven't got a bad word to say about the place. Nice food (very good steak). Good views. Good atmosphere. Nice coffee. Not cheap, but not overly expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcor

big time mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcor

colemanjo wrote: »
    same chef though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Love this restaurant. Have been a few times now and look forward to going back.

Advertisement