Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXIT Festival, Novi Sad, Serbia July 10th-13th 2008

Options
  • 10-05-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Is anyone going to the EXIT festival this july in novi sad, serbia? i was there last year and it was amazing....the irish are a tad underrepresented though and we need a few more this year. You also get serious bang for your buck (120 euro for 4 day festival including camping)
    well worth a look see....

www.exitfest.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye im going, first time goin and cant wait! what are the prices like over there? like how much for a pint and food etc? i hear the weather is lovely aswell:)

what are the people like? are they easily approachable and up for the craic? Is it true the women are yummy?!hehe,

dont worry about the lack of irish last year, theres a plane load going over for the experience!!

and whats the story with drink and the campsite and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Good god, a whole lot of questions!!! :-)

Nice to hear we'll have a few comrades.

Prices: Cheap,Cheap,Cheap.In fact, they hike up the prices for the festival but it's still cheap as chips. Inside the festival itself beers are the equivalent of one euro, so that'll tell you.Food is also mega cheap,there's plenty of good restaurants up towards the town centre. There's a pretty good food area at the campsite itself which does kebabs,burgers,noodles,all very edible and quite reasonable.

The people can appear to be stand-off-ish but once you get chatting they're good craic(on this note-if you're camping you're mainly gonna be hanging out with british, german, mainly european crowd)

Yes.The women are yummy.Nuff said.(Just watch out,a lot have boyfriends likely to be 10 times the size of you)

Drink at the campsite is cool. It's like this...the campsite is bordered on one side by the beach, another by a street and the other side by a street. Right across the road are supermarkets selling REALLY cheap booze which you can freely bring into the campsite. Some of the beers you'll get a 1 litre bottle for about 60/70cents...and it's nice aswell,honestly.

All in all...this is the best festival i have ever been to, I can't recommend it enough!!!!If you're up for staying up until the sunrises(and much,much later) listening to some of the best music in the world in a unparalleled unique setting, then this is the place for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Jfla

This will be my fourth time in Novi Sad. The women in Novi Sad are indescribable. Any Irish woman heading over there prepare to feel bad about yourselves. Prices are cheap, they put prices up in the city around the time of exit. Make sure you get an apartment with air con. The festival finishes at 9am. The heat and humidity are unbearable. Serbs are great craic, they have the same type of humor as us. They love a bit of slaggin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I'm thinking of going to this but flights to belgrade are horribly expensive! Anyone know which is the best cheapo flight airport to fly into for this? Theres budapest and ljubliana but from peoples experiences which is better for getting out there? Think we'll probably get the train from there on to Novi Sad. Any travel tips appreciated as I found it a nightmare getting to Romania last summer and if anyone has any better ideas that would be great!

Budapest is by far the cheapest method. But unfortunatly the price of flights have gone up a lot. Last monday they were 200euro now they are 350. I was supposed to book one for my mate on monday but i didn't. Haven't told him yet. malev.com ahve the cheapest flights. Do not get the train from budapest it takes 8 hours and it is so cramped around the time of exit. Get a mini bus or bus they cost about 60e return you can book it form exitfest.org or priemer exit.

• Advertisement

Well said.

We got the train from Budapest last year- nightmare!!! No seats, stuck in the corridor with people walking over us. I have a bit of time so i'm actually gonna fly into the netherlands and make my way down one way or another.

Those official exit buses look the business, you get given lunch on them and a leaflet with all the times of the acts on it to plan your festival on the way there. well worth 60 bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

I flew from Belgrade only yesterday with Jat - cheap as chips!
    Booked it through Opodo.com

Novi Sad is much nicer than Belgrade, so once you land get out of the capital!
    (also grab a train, almost same price as the bus but much less of an ordeal!)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

Meant to say that I flew from London not Dublin - you have to make your way to London first..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ButlinSalesman

Yo,

Does anyone know if these tickets are transferable? Plans have changed and I can't go, but the ticket has my name and the email states I must show ID when collecting ticket at the gig.

According to the EXIT website I can't get a refund or return the ticket but it says nothing about transferring...

Any ideas? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 drealmrt

We're thinking of hiring a car??? It's working out cheap enough. What's parking like around the campsite. I just thought it might be a good idea to have a car to buzz around during the day seeing that the first act doesn't come on until late evening..

• Advertisement

I wouldn't drive in serbia, I've been to my fair share of countrys with dodgy drivers and Serbia is second only to Cairo for scary driving. They are loonatics on the road. Came across 2 crashes there in 2006. They over take on bends and everything. The bus from Budapest to NS is a scary adventure. Taxis are dirt cheap in NS. You can go anywhere in NS for 2 euro.

How would you get from Budapest?? I see on that premier-exit.com website a bus transfer is 100e return. Pretty pricey... Do you know of any alternative or is that just the going rate?

Give these guys a shout. Gea tours they do mini bus runs from belgrade through novi sad to budapest all year round. 70 euro return. What dates are you travelling? Many of you going? +381112686622 The mini bus is a better option than the big bus its much faster and you have to stop at the hungarian side and then the Serbian side of passport control. Less people on the bus also means less time waiting for the guards to check your passports!

At the moment there's 4 of us booked, but that number could rise... Thanks a million for this. Completely clueless!!!

7 of us going, Can wait to get back to Novi Sad. Not long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭crushproof

Im just back from Novi Sad and Belgrade, 4th time ive been to the place, absolutely love the country!
    However, Ive yet to make it to EXIT and Im gonna try my darnest to get there this year. Budapest flights are soooo expensive though! Ive got a few connections over there and they would give me a couch to sleep on but come on, you cant beat a campsite for sunrise banter! Oh and apparently its ridden with English people ever year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 raghaille

Yo,

Does anyone know if these tickets are transferable? Plans have changed and I can't go, but the ticket has my name and the email states I must show ID when collecting ticket at the gig.

According to the EXIT website I can't get a refund or return the ticket but it says nothing about transferring...

Any ideas? :confused:
    You'd missed the deadline by one day, sorry

Hiya All

I wanted to see if anyone out there is heading to Exit Festival in Serbia. It looks like a wicked lineup, got my ticket..... Unfortunately my mate got cold feet, or what not, and has pulled out of coming with me. Looking for fun Irish people to chat with/hang out with/willingness to let me touch base with their gang over the weekend/etc..... Don't mind travelling on my own (am heading off interrailing afterwards) but would love to know I'll see a few friendly faces there during my holiday. Maybe meet up for a coffee what not over the weekend.

Totally gutted about MIA cancelling, a major reason for choosing to start my summer adventures with ExIt!!

Thanks

Raghaille xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 powerpop

Official Exit08 hostel (formally known as Nikolajevska & City center) is located in the heart of Novi Sad city center. It is located right next to the famous party street "LT" Laze Teleckog. Interior of this Hostel is nicely decorated and reminds on the old castle's interior. Also, this Hostel is nicer and more luxurious than the majority of the Hotels in Novi Sad. It has a beautiful garden where our hosts will be organizing daily chill out activities.
    Hostel offers luxury 3-bad and 4-bed rooms.
    4 days 100e (including breakfast)
    5 days 120e (including breakfast)
    5_1.jpg

Well well, the thread has expanded a bit, it's good to see!

ButlinSalesman:

Last year we were given our passes for the festival without them checking our passports (i.e. matching up whoever was on the ticket with whoever was on the passport)- Don't take this as gospel though, they may check the name it just didn't happen to me.

raghaille:

You're more than welcome to join us: We're a group of 5, well up for a laugh, plenty of boozin and dancin' till sunrise! I'll PM you aswell.

SEE YOU ALL AT EXIT!!!!!!!!!!

7 DAYS TO TAKE OFF!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Tom Selleck

I too am off to the blessed Exit with a merry band of Irish and Scots. I'll meet you all at 9pm on the 11th at the main stage......
    Did you see on the website that the festival site has its own currency for buying drinks? Best craic ever. Little magic coins which ONLY buy lovely cold water, lovely cold beer and questionably cheap wine.

Anyone going with Gea tours from Budapest... We're arriving at 7.15 Thursday evening and getting a bus with this crowd...
    Can't wait, not long now!!!

Yes ladies and gents, EXIT is nearly upon us, a great escape from the RAIN here! I will be on the 21:15 bus from budapest airport for anyone joining the festivities!

hey all

Thanks for getting touch guys, Love to meet up - I've PM'ed detail to you's....

As I'm going from Budapest city, could anyone recommend a particular route. Also, should I prebook the train/bus now?

xx

Check out the weather for the weekend!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4706
    Nissee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Welcome to Serbia;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wratch

anyone going this year? 09.07 - 12-07

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Be heading there this year, two free seats in the car if anyone needs a lift down from Ljubljana. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

deecom wrote: »
    Be heading there this year, two free seats in the car if anyone needs a lift down from Ljubljana. :)

I haven't made up my mind yet about whether i'll go to Exit or Benicassim. Just me and the gf so the accommodation works out pretty expensive cause it's mostly geared for larger groups.

Is there much word on lineup yet. I heard Arctic Monkeys and Kraftwerk but nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

There is a notice board at the Exit campsite with loads of people offering accomadation, at much cheaper prices than online. A night after the festival we stayed at a place called Hotel Milka Z. Its a grand place for a nights kip.

Moby is playing too, that should be cool(im not going tho:()

Advertisement