Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way and Camping

Options
  • 10-05-2008 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks!

A friend and I are thinking of undertaking the whole Wicklow Way hike in the summer. Im aware that there is quite a lot of accomodation such as B+B's available along the route but we were more interested in wild camping. Im just wondering is it legal to camp anywhere along the Wicklow Way - not on the way itself but maybe less than a KM from the route so as not to be in the way of other hikers? I presume a lot of the land is owned by farmers or such, so surely there are issues here? Obviously we would not be littering/drinking alcohol etc. but any help on this issue would be really appreciated. Cheers.

Arc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 coolagad

you should be okay on any coilte land as long as u dont light fires, are in from paths, roads, dont litter etc and dont make a nuisance of urself. wicklow uplands council that controls wicklow national park have a policy of allowing wild camping. u can check stuff out on the web in coilte site and wicklow national park site. btw moorland camping should be fine as well but remember its still someones land so just use ur loaf and be as unobtrusive as poss. we have a good relationship with farmers in wicklow and it needs to stay that way. oh and no dogs!!

have a nice walk, its on my radar too but not this year..........

Advertisement