Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

>Linksys WRT54G With IBB<

Options
  • 10-05-2008 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have a guy I know with a Linksys router which he is trying to use to distribute IBB Snailwave :mad: around the house. Is this possible? And if so what should he do... eg setting etc...

Thanks in Advance

Alan!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hey Guys,

I have a guy I know with a Linksys router which he is trying to use to distribute IBB Snailwave :mad: around the house. Is this possible? And if so what should he do... eg setting etc...

Thanks in Advance

Alan!

Connect the ethernet cable from the Ripwave modem to the WAN port of the WRT54G. It'll collect an IP address from the modem. Beyond that you can setup wireless as you wish (WPA encryption recommended) and static or dynamic internal IP's as preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Spear wrote: »
    Connect the ethernet cable from the Ripwave modem to the WAN port of the WRT54G. It'll collect an IP address from the modem. Beyond that you can setup wireless as you wish (WPA encryption recommended) and static or dynamic internal IP's as preferred.

Indeed, I have it working with a wrt54g and no issues. It's even fairly fast! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

Thanks, its working now!
    Although I'm a little sceptical about the words fast and ripwave in the same sentence :o

Advertisement