Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important Note to all

Options
  • 09-05-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Please if any one is buying an airsoft gun, be it from a shop or on the internet, make sure it is under 1 joule or 328 with a 0.2g bb with the hop-up fully off,
    And dont forget that the weather and time's of the day can make the FPS go up or down by 10%,
    Before you buy it have tested from the seller,
    As turning up at a site with an airsoft gun that has not passed a chrono test you will not be let play with that airsoft gun, so get it tested.

The purpose of a chrono testing with the hopup off is to test the maximum possible power output of a device in it's current configuration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

on similar safety issues

Does your site allow goggles to be used?

Full face masks are required to participate in events on the field - Goggles are not acceptable, please do not ask - There are no exceptions.

qouted from your site, but i couldnt help notice from pictures of airsoft players, taking from hrta, people wearing goggles.

Also a number of people have told me theres no problem wearing goggles and full masks arnt enforced.

just looking for some clarification before i choose what to invest in.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

full seal eye protection is required normal for insurance anything further is normal dictated by the site owners, i myself do not like full face masks as i find them uncomfortable so if i do not ave to wear one i will not of course that is my course and i hold all responsibility for my actions same as everyone else :)

in regard to the testing this has been brought up before and we at ctg have had a large number of people turn up with >1j aegs brought domestically and abroad.

Edit: have to agree with above poster any cqb site should inforce full face protection be that a full mask or googles + face covering/mouth protection e.g neoprene mask

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Lads please keep it on topic. Doc there is a thread for HRTA this is about making sure only legal AEG's tun up on sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

nonex wrote: »
    Please if any one is buying an airsoft gun, be it from a shop or on the internet, make sure it is under 1 joule or 328 with a 0.2g bb with the hop-up fully off,
    And dont forget that the weather and time's of the day can make the FPS go up or down by 10%,
    As turning up at a site with an airsoft gun that has not passed a chrono test you will not be let play with that airsoft gun, so get it tested.

The purpose of a chrono testing with the hopup off is to test the maximum possible power output of a device in it's current configuration.

well said and g-tac agree with paul
    regards evelyn

been in place sense the opening of ctg, had some unhappy people turned away for what some would think as 'petty' amounts over the 1j, even had the site owner unable to use his aegs because of this :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I agree 100% with Paul here.

If you have a hot gun then go the TM Route and aim for 270fps.
    That way even with 10% due to weather it will still be legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Can we all agree on this.
    That every AEG gets tested? I mean if we are going to go down that route and the aim is to ensure that each AEG is safe on that particular day then that includes rental AEGs, site or team AEGs, and any AEG that a player may bring as a backup, and change mid game.

Flat rule. - No test. No game. And the "It was fine last Tuesday" isn't an excuse.

I have a couple of AEGs that I bring along. I'm willing to take the pain of getting it tested each day, if it ensures that anything that is on the field is cosher.

For example at the Gathering I had to get mine tested twice in about 15 minutes, because the person certifying it wasn't there when the chronoing was done.
    Yes I was pissed at the hassle, but at the end of the day one must understand that if I was going to certify something as safe, I'm going to be darn sure that I saw the readings.

That every AEG gets tested? I mean if we are going to go down that route and the aim is to ensure that each AEG is safe on that particular day then that includes rental AEGs, site or team AEGs, and any AEG that a player may bring as a backup, and change mid game.

Flat rule. - No test. No game. And the "It was fine last Tuesday" isn't an excuse.

should already be happening

Advertisement