Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touring nw scotland to book or not ?

Options
  • 09-05-2008 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello everyone, newbie here, me and my other half are planning touring nw, highlands area of Scotland last week in july & 1st week in Aug, I have taken out membership of camping and caravan club recently and they do seem to have access to an impressive nr of sites, however we are wondering whether it would be wise to book ahead, for o/nite stops or "go on the hoof" as the mood takes us, seems a pity to have to book your schedule ahead of going, but if it is extremely busy there might not be any alternative. Also anyone any experience or comments about this part of Scotland (Trossachs, Argyle, Oban, Fortwilliam etc.,) oh by the way just got our m/h a few months ago its an 89 Peugoeot Eura mobil, hope it gets me there and back :) all comments appreciated.
    4wheeler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've no experience of Scotland but certainly in France & England during July/August we typically book the first couple of days in advance, then we decide where to next and we might book a day of two ahead. You'll never really be stuck as there's always an overflow carpark, a Tesco carpark or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

To book or not? My rule is if travelling with kids, book. If adult only I take chances. I've been to scotland a few years ago, enjoyed it a lot but couldn't tell you where we were without a map. My advice, do research beforehand, we travelled at short notice and its all a bit of a blur in the memory, lot of driving but didn't know what we were looking at.

Advertisement