Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer cadence problems

Options
  • 09-05-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭

I have a Sigma Sport BC 1606L DTS Wireless Speed & Cadence computer which has worked perfectly for a year however the cadence reading has started to go a bit askew recently with computer indicating what I estimate to be double my actual cadence.

Anyone else experienced similar or know what the problem/fix might be?

Thanks, el tel
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Try pedaling at half your normal speed - that should solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would check the battery on the transmitter unit. Trying to debug problems I am having with my Garmin cadence sensor at the moment myself.

EDIT: Also check the alignment, I wonder if it is possible that it is managing to click twice with each pedal revolution (admittedly this is highly unlikely.)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Pedal twice as fast as you are now and divide it by the number 4

That should see you right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

they're all out today it seems ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Well to update you on my own cadence sensor issues, they were indeed solved with a new battery in the sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

On Thursday I contacted SigmaSport in Germany via their website with details of the problem outlined below. However on Saturday I seemingly solved the problem by pressing a little button on the side of the cadence sensor which may have reset the device.

Today I checked the spam folder of my email and noticed that Sigma Sport had responded to my query within 12 hours but their email had been diverted from my inbox by spam filter. Their email said:

"We are sorry for the inconvenience with the BC1606L DTS. Please send us your computer complete with speed and cadence sensor so that we can look at it. We will immediately send you a replacement model for free of charge.

Please attach a copy of this email in your return!!!!

You can also change/check the computer by the store where you buy it.

Our address:

SIGMA SPORT
    Service department
    Dr.-Julius-Leber-Str. 15

67433 Neustadt/Weinstr.
    Germany

Best regards"

That's good customer service from Sigma Sport; they didn't even ask how old the thing is!

Advertisement