Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LR Disco: Diff lock dashlight stays on

Options
  • 09-05-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've a bit of a problem, the dashboard light for the centre diff is on the whole time in the old lads '00 discovery. I used the low range 'box there last week for the 1st time in ages, but there was no trouble after that, it was only yesterday that this light came on. But there today, the abs and traction control lights are displayed the whole time also. I think this is a result of the difflock, which disengages the abs and traction control when it is locked?

Anyhow, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong before I go down to my local LR garage. I don't know if the centre diff is realy locked at the min (it doen't feel any different around corners, the front or rear diffs certianly aren't locked), or it could be a problem with the sensor telling me the diff is locked? I assume there is no way for me to manually unlock the diff, its all auto on the 2 series isnt it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Try switching it on and off while slowly driving forwards and backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got it sorted. Turns out a wire had shorted from the sensor, no big deal. Pain in the ass having to pay €60 just for my LR indy dealer to plug a laptop in to clear the fault codes (I'm use of doing that for free myself with vag-com!)

Advertisement