Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a guild to raid.

Options
  • 09-05-2008 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

I am an officer in a guild of over 400 members, 30% of which are lvl 70, problem is, we can't get enough people to raid any nights. We have group calendar and have just set up a guildomatic site, but people dont seem to care. only a handful have signed up to the site and i cant tell how many have GC, so what the hell should i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

No offense, but sounds like you are in a spam invite guild. People are too lazy to do anything because they didn't sign up for your guild to do anything. If you want to start raiding I can only suggest either looking for another guild, or start your own with the few people in your guild right now that are interested in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Well there were a few guilds like yours on my server. What darth said, you could consider taking all the interested 70s in your guild and start a new guild and recruiting there for example theres a guild on my server 'Social' who were massive, so what they did was take all the players looking to raid and then made a new guild 'Social Elite' and recruited the rest, keeping the old guild for alts and casuals - that way you're starting a guild with a good amount of people etc. Otherwise, I'd say just leave the guild - if you want to raid and cant do it there, then there's no point in staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

We had about 100 members in my old guild. YEt we struggled to get 10 people together for kara when we tried to start raiding. This = a lot of frustration.

The problem waswe were not a raiding guild to start with so couldn't 'force' anyone to come along. Some prefered to PvP, some would prefer just grinding stuff. We could be short ONE player for a raid and it wouldn't happen even though there were 10 other kara attuned level 70s on line.

In the end, all the people who wanted to raid went a joined a different guild. They were not a raiding guild but they could get a kara radi going and cleared within 4 hours. I've never looked back.

It was hard to leave the original guild as we had helped start it. Basically, the old guild died because the level 70s left.

Anyway, point is. If you want to raid, find a guild that wants to raid and join it. Trying to get people to do something they don't want to do will only lead to a lot of anger and frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Raiding is hardcore. No such thing as casual raiding. some guilds get away with a casual focus for a while. they may kill a handful of bosses. But after a while, usually 2 months, the cracks begin to appear. this usually coincides with encountering one of the tougher bosses. By this stage you will have found out who are the more committed raiders in your guild and those who are along for the free ride.

I'm not bashing any bunch of people here. People choose what they want to do in the game. some only want to log on and play for an hour or so. Some just want to pvp, some just like to level alts. But it it's your intention to be a raiding guild, then make that clear that's the type of people you want to group with.

Personality is more important than their characters gear. Try recruit friends of friends. Sometimes that can lead to cliques forming. But to counter that i usually take the most influential person from that clique and make them an officer :P to keep that group onside. In the past 5 months no one has left us for a so called perceived "better" guild so it works somewhat okay.

If you recruit wisely all you need is about 40-45 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Okay, taking your advice in hand and tweaking it a bit -I don't want to give up on the guild yet- Myself and the GM set up a new rank for people who actually want to raid. OFC, we check their gear and willingness to respec and time online and stuff.
    Out of the 55 70s in the guild, there are 3 now in the rank, maybe we need to advertise the fact a bit more, but WTF? What is it that these other 70s do all day, they're never inactive for more that 2 weeks (Because then we say goodbye) but what are they doing?

So we need to start recruting raid members and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

leave the guild and check out your realm forums for people recruiting ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If some members are up for doing Kara but just aren't well geared enough, it may be worth giving them a hand doing the instances they need for decent gear. My guild have started this initiative and it definitely seems worthwhile.
    Not all that interested in doing Kara just yet myself, but it's nice to give a helping hand every now and again if it means someone can get rid of their greens quicker

Depends on how happy you are with your guild really - how much do you value the friendships you've built up compared to running Kara?
    Sounds like a bit of a crap one to me if you get kicked after being inactive for 2 weeks, I'd rather be in no guild at all than have to put up with that crap.

Advertisement