Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel wireless cable router

Options
  • 08-05-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I am trying to set up a zyxel wireless cable router. I have attached all the cables and everything there seems to be fine. The problem i am having is that when i open my browser and put in http://192.168.1.1 and get to the login screen i enter 1234 as advised in the set up guide i can't get past that screen. Any suggestions very welcome, I am tearing my hair out at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

Panic over all sorted :D

I take it back it's not all sorted. Help someone please :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try a different browser, I found i couldn't connect to my mams router once on her laptop using firefox but tried IE and it worked. Easiest thing for you to try before going through settings.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Try a different browser, I found i couldn't connect to my mams router once on her laptop using firefox but tried IE and it worked. Easiest thing for you to try before going through settings.

I tried both firefox and IE and it is the same on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the router? Normally this is done by holding the reset button on the back for 10 secs. If it's a new router then it should definitely have the password set as per the manual. But if it's second hand perhaps someone changed the login password.

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote: »
    Have you tried doing a factory reset on the router? Normally this is done by holding the reset button on the back for 10 secs. If it's a new router then it should definitely have the password set as per the manual. But if it's second hand perhaps someone changed the login password.

Turns out that it was a pre owned router and the password had already been reset. I brought it back to where i bought it and they said that there should have been a pre owned sticker on the box. They gave me a new one and it's all up and running now. Thanks for the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Take it you bought in in PC World or the like? They tend to do that a lot.

Advertisement