Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applications - when do acceptance letters get sent?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I've recently applied to a few taught postgrads in business and accounting in DCU, DIT, and UCD. Just wondering does anyone know how long it takes to receive acceptances? The application deadlines were end of April for DIT and UCD but for DCU the deadline isn't til beginning of July so I assume that one will be awhile. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

DCU deadline is indeed July, but I applied in Feb and got an acceptance 6 weeks later (they said it would be 2 weeks). It's rolling admissions, should do it early as possible but July is the final date.
    Don't know about the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trixster G

I myself aplied for a masters in American Lit in UCD. It seems that the speed with which a college will get back to you with an offer differs significantly from one college to another. Has anybody here applied for an English masters in UCD in the past, and if so, when did you get an offer? If anyone could let me kno, I would be very grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I would ring the college and ask them.

When I applied for my masters, it seems the administrator people "lost" my application. I only found this out when I rang them asking what's the story with my application.

So my advice to you is to contact the admissions office, ask them to check they received your application, and ask them when they will be getting back to you.

Don't assume everything is ok. Double check! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Trixster G wrote: »
    I myself aplied for a masters in American Lit in UCD. It seems that the speed with which a college will get back to you with an offer differs significantly from one college to another. Has anybody here applied for an English masters in UCD in the past, and if so, when did you get an offer? If anyone could let me kno, I would be very grateful.
    Mid-June if I remember correctly.

Advertisement