Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Routes to Fly

Options
  • 08-05-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

I can't really say that I have a favorite route as such though I generally prefer shorter ones because I always find the most interesting part of my flight to be the landing.

What are the routes people fly on here? Any favourites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Galway to Dublin, its fast, long runway in Dublin, short one in Galway so if you want a challenge or a relaxing flight, you're sorted!(I do it in the atr72-500)

As I have uninstalled FSX due to it taken up so much off my time, :D..

You should get a heavy and fly into Quito, Ecuador (elevation 9350 ft)..

I know that there is an international Airport on the coast that is maybe an hour or so away..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

In Ireland I enjoyed flying between shannon/cork/dublin and then trips to the isle of mann, manchester, gatwick or glasgow with 737s, never really had the patience for much longer trips except for some flights to malta and berlin on VATSIM a while back. That was good fun as there was atc preorganised for the entire flight. Lately i've been exploring new zealand in FSX in the beechcraft trins, some cool mountains to fly over and through...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Shannon-Malaga is one I do quite a bit

Dublin-Krakow is also one of my favourites

Generally I like a medium-haul flight, not into this 10 minute in the cruise carry on at all. Once I´m in the cruise and happy out i throw on a film and get some food.......listening to the top class VATSIM atc all the way!

Advertisement