Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is 950euro expensive for root canal on front tooth?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

I got referred to a endodontist for root canal on a front tooth (1 canal). i was quoted 950 euro. Is this a normal price? Also if someone else had root canal done recently would they mind posting or pming their endodontists name if they were happy with the work it was less expensive

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

I had to get two root canals done on my front two teeth yesterday and they were €325 each. I had this done by Dr Colin Lynem in Balbriggan. I was only in there about an hour, i would recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

the easiest tooth for a dentist to root canal treat are front teeth. they are nice ,simple and quick to do.
    for a dentist to need to send you to see an endodontist, for a front tooth, means your case must be very different and difficult.The only reason to refer you away is difficulty.Endodontists charge based on the time needed and complexity of treatment.With an endodontist treating you, the chances of you keeping that tooth are greatly increased.
    for most people the worst tooth to lose is a front tooth. I'd be looking for the best treatment i could get not the cheapest.
    hope this helps,
    Bryan(not an endodontist,but glad to have them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tiddlywink

I got root canal done on one of my back teeth a few years ago (not sure, maybe that makes a difference to the price). I chose to go up North to Enniskillen cos it was much cheaper at the time. I think I paid around 300 euro for it. Might be worth checking out places in Belfast even to see if they can do it cheaper than in Dublin, although if you're in pain you may prefer to do it somewhere nearby ASAP, regardless of price :(........

Advertisement