Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Thomas 25% Off Everything (this time its real!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Cool, thanks. They must have seen how much they could potentially have made last weekend and decided to do it for real :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

looks legit

hmm maybe now i will be able to afford something in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

just about to buy my wedding suit there in the next couple of days. Cheers op, presuming there are no restrictions you've saved me over 300 euro!:D

Edit: Why can't I get to link from main brown thomas page? Is this another hoax?

Edit 2: A phonecall confirms this is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭simonw

Would you say this'll apply to electronics as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

simonw wrote: »
    Would you say this'll apply to electronics as well?

I was under the impression Brown Thomas had stopped doing electronics, aside from homeware - coffee makers and the like. They shut their section which sold televisions and that a good few years ago.

25% off super overpricing is still overpricing, lest we forget :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Very strange how a fake 25% sale is quickly followed by a real one. Wonder whether it was a spur of the moment decision or always planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Very strange how a fake 25% sale is quickly followed by a real one. Wonder whether it was a spur of the moment decision or always planned.

Combination I'd say. Feared negative publicity of not honouring what people thought was legitimate, combined with the positive publicity associated with taking this sort of step. I would imagine their sales figures for the year are also fairly poor (like most retailers) so they're hoping this will make them lots of money. The markup on fashions is rather large, so it isn't as if you run a 25% off sale at anywhere near a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭simonw

johnfás wrote: »
    I was under the impression Brown Thomas had stopped doing electronics, aside from homeware - coffee makers and the like. They shut their section which sold televisions and that a good few years ago.

25% off super overpricing is still overpricing, lest we forget :).

shows how often i shop there! thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

It says 'ALMOST' everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Usually make-up, perfume and cosmetics in general are excluded.

It's just been advertised on RTE1 so it's definately for real this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Anyone know if this discount applies to the nespresso pods?

Advertisement