Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom's Netopia 2247NWG

Options
  • 08-05-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just a few quick queries regarding the above modem with the Eircom offer of just 24.99

I have read previously that there would be issues for Smart users to use this wireless modem, is this still the case?

Would a total noob who knows nothing about wireless connections be able to configure it to work with Smart?

Also, I see that after awhile PC World, Currys etc.. were cottoning on to the fact that people were buying these modems with no notion of signing up to Eircom - how hard exactly is it to get one?

Do you need Photo ID, Eircom bill etc with you?

Or do I just need to give them any old number so they can check the line before I can make off with the modem?

I know a fair few of ye here got them in PC World in Galway (where hopefully I'll be getting mine too!) so are they strict about signing up to Eircom there or is it fairly handy to get one?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Quick update: Went into PC world earlier, grabbed one of the boxes (contents included) off the shelf and was making my way down to the till when one of the assistants ran in a mad dash after me to tell me I couldn't bring it straight to the till, so cue a few minutes of giving him a fake name, addy and phone number and listening to him waffle on about their bundles and packages.. but I got me one in the end! :D

Now... To configure it to work with Smart.. any pointers guys? I'm totally clueless! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

boardsie08 wrote: »
    Now... To configure it to work with Smart.. any pointers guys? I'm totally clueless! :confused:

Here you go (the Smart forums are really good):

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=2441

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Hi...anybody know how to configure the Netopia 2247NWG to work with BT broadband?? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Read Hero of College's thread just below this one.

Advertisement