Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour House Pistol club

Options
  • 08-05-2008 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about this club?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Yes, what do you want to know???

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Location, fee's, who runs it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Harbour House Clay, Rifle & Pistol Club, Lough Harbour, Athy, Co. Kildare.

I dont know about fees or who runs it. I plan to compete there IPSA santioned match on the 8th June so I will find out then and let you know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sevenfivecz

I joined a few weeks ago - range is second to none. It's about 7 or 8 miles from Kildare town. I believe the club house is now under contruction (haven't been for a week or two) and I think there's plans for a full archery range.

I won't be competing in the IPSA match as I don't have a license for IPSC, but will be a spectator / helper / dogsbody for the day. The lads have told me they are organising a shoot soon and will be issuing open invitations to clubs to participate (they ALWAYS have BBQ's and tons of food on the go). I will ask the guys that run it to post something about events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I haven't been to the Range yet but have heard good things - will be competing in the IPSC match aswell.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sevenfivecz

to save me asking the lads - is it permissable for spectators at these matches? I would imaging something like this would draw a lot people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 garv

I joined a few weeks ago - range is second to none. It's about 7 or 8 miles from Kildare town. I believe the club house is now under contruction (haven't been for a week or two) and I think there's plans for a full archery range.

I won't be competing in the IPSA match as I don't have a license for IPSC, but will be a spectator / helper / dogsbody for the day. The lads have told me they are organising a shoot soon and will be issuing open invitations to clubs to participate (they ALWAYS have BBQ's and tons of food on the go). I will ask the guys that run it to post something about events

Hi Sevenfivecz, have you any idea what the entry fee is for the open shoot and when is it on? And will invitations be going out to all clubs and is this for pistol only? I've got a fullbore rifle I'd like to take out in this weather but the midlands is a little far for me!

is it permissable for spectators at these matches?

I cannot speak for the guys in HH - but - my own experience is that you need a lot of minders if you allow spectators.

Everyone else on the range is trained to be there and where and when - they are - and are not - allowed to do X, Y & Z.

They all have a job or are focused downrange on the shooting.

Then you have spectators. they may have zero experience and they are behind the shooters and officials. People need to keep an eye on them to ensure they have their eye and ear protection on at all times and that they honour whatever boundaries are in place. You need to be able to tell them apart from the "helpers" so nobody will assume abilities or knowledge that may not be there. The club/range/individuals may not want the shoot to appear on youtube so their wishes need to be honoured.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rostand69

Does anyone have a contact phone number for the club?

Thanks
    Rostand

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

John Lynch - 087 7478922

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rostand69

Thanks for that.

Folks,

Has anyone any idea of the course of fire for the Open shoot on the 31st?

Is it timed precision or is it something else?

What distances are the targets at? What kind of times per shot?

What classes are there? Should I bring the CZ Champion in .40, the revolver in .38 or the trusty Glock in 9mm?

I know it sounds like a lot of questions but I want to be sure I have

a) the right tools,
    b) practiced and
    c) made room in the Trophy Cabinet ;)

B'Man

Advertisement