Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the subject you find easiest for points?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what subject do you find the easier to get points in and you find that others find it relatively easy to get points in?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

Just wondering what subject do you find the easier to get points in and you find that others find it relativly easy to get points in?

thanks.

Totaly depends!!! biology maybe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Yeah i agree but there seems to be subjects that usually gets highpoints if the work is put in. For me it is economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

Yeah i agree but there seems to be subjects that usually gets highpoints if the work is put in. For me it is economics.

78% of people doing honours history get higher than c(thats what i heard anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Technical drawing I find absolutely unbelievably diabolically simple. It's exactly my kind of thing and I've been on top of it since 1st year. Our ****ing amazingly class teacher helps things too.

Accounting. I was always crap at it though, but we have another brilliant teacher and I stuck at it and these last few days I've enjoyed revising it. It strikes me as such an easy exam, and I strictly wouldn't deserve an A but I'm going for it. I wouldn't naturally be good at it, but with effort and considering the teacher (we're well prepared) it becomes a simple exam.

Maths. Loved maths forever. Got an A in the junior cert without much bother, but then I stopped working on it. Before class exams I would cram, but I would never be working on ANY maths day after day. I always did ok though. Been revising it quite a bit lately, and it will all be well-enough secured in my head in June 6 and June 9, I'm definitely hoping for a quick A1.

I should be talking about applied maths the way I'm talking about these subjects, but I haven't given it the effort. Anyways I'm pretty looking forward to June.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

declan_lgs wrote: »
    Technical drawing I find absolutely unbelievably diabolically simple. It's exactly my kind of thing and I've been on top of it since 1st year. Our ****ing amazingly class teacher helps things too.

Accounting. I was always crap at it though, but we have another brilliant teacher and I stuck at it and these last few days I've enjoyed revising it. It strikes me as such an easy exam, and I strictly wouldn't deserve an A but I'm going for it. I wouldn't naturally be good at it, but with effort and considering the teacher (we're well prepared) it becomes a simple exam.

Maths. Loved maths forever. Got an A in the junior cert without much bother, but then I stopped working on it. Before class exams I would cram, but I would never be working on ANY maths day after day. I always did ok though. Been revising it quite a bit lately, and it will all be well-enough secured in my head in June 6 and June 9, I'm definitely hoping for a quick A1.

I should be talking about applied maths the way I'm talking about these subjects, but I haven't given it the effort. Anyways I'm pretty looking forward to June.

Looks like your doin well and i know what you mean about tech drawing but its something i need to keep fresh in my head so doin the past papers over the next few weeks.

Higher level maths is a subject ive noticed a lot of people doing well in.Got a in junior easily and im puttin in the work so hopefully it'll all pay off.

Have to put the most work in on physics because the teacher wasnt in most of last year and in a hurry he didnt teach us half the course.

oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Looks like your doin well and i know what you mean about tech drawing but its something i need to keep fresh in my head so doin the past papers over the next few weeks.

Higher level maths is a subject ive noticed a lot of people doing well in.Got a in junior easily and im puttin in the work so hopefully it'll all pay off.

Have to put the most work in on physics because the teacher wasnt in most of last year and in a hurry he didnt teach us half the course.

oh well.
    Oh at my other 5 subjects I'm really not good. Physics is gonna take SO MUCH effort from me and I intend to put in a......fair to good effort. If I had to name a Sh(i)t Subject it would be physics. I loved it for the JC but for LC it's just ****. Anyone else feel this way?

From day one it was supposed to be an A to B1 for me but then I stopped liking it and I was still doing good but now I have the entire course to get back into my head. There's fair choice in the exam though, and I hear it's fairly predictable (I just haven't looked yet), and I DO intend to do fair work, so it could be a B to A yet if I have a good day. Or it could be a C and I'll pass no remarks.

Same enough attitude to English and Irish if you lower by a grade. French, I'm doing OL having dropped from HL just about 2 months ago. I didn't wanna but the effort into a 7th HL subject. I don't care about this result but it could be an OL A. Interesting fact btw: My French teacher wants me to fail more than I care to pass, and that's no word of a lie. And I DO care to pass. (she's been in trouble with the principal for effectively bullying particular students before, and here I trot in with no willingness to spend more than 10mins doing homework and whatnot...)

I'm well off topic now. Just don't comment on this post. There's my attitude to all my exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Totaly depends!!! biology maybe!!
    Just kinda funny how some people's mind's work differently, for example you say biology but that is my hardest subject by a mile and the only one I failed in the pre's (though 38% aint too bad)

For me the best point earner is honours english,
    with geography and business close behind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Has to be Maths, honours and Applied. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Jay P wrote: »
    Has to be Maths, honours and Applied. Seriously.

Yeah Maths is grand if you've gone to class and done homework for a good lot of the two years but Applied Maths is just lovely, requires very little time altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

easy points:
    english
    biology
    art
    maths (OL since I don't need maths I dropped from honours)

borderline:
    french

hard:
    history
    irish

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Accounting and English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SebastienX

Geography by far is the easiest subject for points. I did my leaving last year and i did it in the institute and took up geography there in sixth year. so i had not done it since 3rd year. I got an A1 after just one year whilst history which i had been doing all the time i struggled with. So Geography is an easy one as a lot of the questions are close to common knowledge, plus with the submission of the field work you already have a portion of marks in bag and do not have to worry bout it in exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

I agree about tech drawing!! I don't think its unbelievably easy but for me I'll hopefully get an A or a high B. Its the kinda subject that ya either understand or ya don't. It's not really possible to study for it...

Geography has to be the easiest points earner!!! I haven't done a tap and i'm hoping for an A but I do have a really interesting teacher!!!

English is hopefully going to be an A but I have put in alot of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

Geography and English.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

I don't to ag science, some who do it say its easy some say hard. Whats it like?

maths and applied maths or easy enuf

All of mine are fine except physics. worst teaher ever. never got homework or class tests or never even get asked question or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Art and Religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Music! art isnt as handy as i thought it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭kirving

I find engineering(H) is really easy. Tech Drawing(H) is alright too, but I've done feck all since the mocks where I got 47%.

Same result in physics(H), its easy, I understand the concept and principals of it all but haven't bothered to learn the formulas or defintions! Four weeks enough time?!

French(O) will be grand the listening is simple. So are the notes and letters.

Geography(H) will be grand....just learn off a few case studies. Hoping for an A!

LCVP could have gone better, I didnt do questions worth 19 marks in the written. That 5% out the window already.

Irish(O).....oh dear.....Haven't done a tap...I should get a t least a C if i try.

French(O) will be grand the listening is simple. So are the notes and letters.

Maths(O) i got a C in the mocks, but half of that is coz parts of it are different to the hons course. I didnt study for it either. Looking for an A there.

Im not worried in the slightest, which is bad coz it means i find it impossible to do work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Art Defineatly, If you have any imagination its by far the easiest!
    You get 60% finished before the written.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

Applied Maths
    Irish (im in an irish school :p )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I don't to ag science, but is it as easy as everyone says??

maths and applied maths or easy enuf

All of mine are fine except physics. WORST TEACHER EVER. never got homework or class tests or never even get asked question or anything.

Why dont you boot on up the road and ask your cousin???????:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

I don't to ag science, but is it as easy as everyone says??

I do Ag. science and its not as easy as every1 thinks! its a really good subject 2 accompany biology tho! (the courses are EXTREMELY similar!)
    For me English, Biology and Ag. Science are the easiest for points!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

I already did james.
    But just wanted a wider view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Phys/chem was always a banker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 delighted.

Without a doubt, spanish.

Advertisement