Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham to Leopardstown Road bus ?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

What bus should I get ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 75 links Rathfarnham (Butterfield Avenue/Nutgrove Avenue) with Sandyford Industrial Estate in the early mornings and with the Stillorgan Road/Leopardstown Road junction all day.

Leopardstown Road is a long road - which part do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

think its Whytes cross, Think I have it sussed.
    Thanks Kc 61;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 twanky

you can get off at whites cross or at john of gods and walk up. Time a 75 though they're a bit irregular to put it nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

Hi there

Looking for some info/advice.

Will shortly be transferring work to Central Park Leopardstown. For the short term will be using public transport to get there from Loreto Apts in Rathfarnham and want to know the quickest & cheapest options for same.

I really dont like using the bus and wonder how long it would take to walk from Loreto to Dundrum/Windy Arbour (as these seem to be the closest) Luas stops?

Alternatively what bus options are there? Looking on Dublin Bus website they seem pretty limited.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you were to take the 75, you'd be looking at a one-hour bus-journey. Not to mention waiting around, and the walk down to Central Park too.

For the luas, it'd be about a 20-30 min walk, then a 10-minute journey and again the walk to CP.

If I were you, I'd go for the Luas: it's reliable, and probably faster in the long run.

• Advertisement

msshono wrote: »
    Hi there

Looking for some info/advice.

Will shortly be transferring work to Central Park Leopardstown. For the short term will be using public transport to get there from Loreto Apts in Rathfarnham and want to know the quickest & cheapest options for same.

I really dont like using the bus and wonder how long it would take to walk from Loreto to Dundrum/Windy Arbour (as these seem to be the closest) Luas stops?

Alternatively what bus options are there? Looking on Dublin Bus website they seem pretty limited.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

75 bus is the best option. In the morning peak the 0630, 0650, 0705, 0720 and 0750 departures from Tallaght will all drop you to Sandyford Industrial Estate, the closest stop being a 10 minute walk to Central Park.

The first three buses usually take about 20 mins to get to Nutgrove Avenue/Grange Road junction, and the others about 25-30 mins.

Journey time to Sandyford Industrial Estate would be about 30-45 minutes depending on which bus that you take (the earlier ones encounter less traffic).

In the evening there are departures from Dun Laoghaire via Sandyford Ind Estate at 1630, 1725 and 1750 which should take about 25-35 minutes to get from Dun Laoghaire to the estate.

Fare is EUR 1.80.

Aard wrote: »
    If you were to take the 75, you'd be looking at a one-hour bus-journey. Not to mention waiting around, and the walk down to Central Park too.

For the luas, it'd be about a 20-30 min walk, then a 10-minute journey and again the walk to CP.

If I were you, I'd go for the Luas: it's reliable, and probably faster in the long run.

The 75 has improved reliability significantly since the new timetable was introduced in April 2008, I'm guessing that you haven't been on it recently? The journey times to Sandyford from Rathfarnham are not an hour, but more like 45 mins max.

Walking to the LUAS from Rathfarnham??? We're talking Grange Road which is about 40-45 minutes away!!!! You've by far underestimated the walking time, and overestimated the bus journey time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

DTO site http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jpnear.htm has it as a 30 minute walk (from loreto terrace which is close to the OPs gaff) but still i reckon the 75 is definitely preferable

Also, if you buy a 30 day rambler ticket, price EUR 100, which you can use on any 30 days over an approximately 18-month period, then the daily cost reduces to EUR 3.33 per day (saving 30c per day).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

This evening i walked from Dundrum Luas to Loreto and it took 28mins!!! At a good paced walk (i.e. getting a bit of a workout) but not killing myself either. Perfectly managable. Seems like the best option for me for now. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Advertisement