Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Purchasing?????

Options
  • 07-05-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I remember reading this somewhere before: Basically a load of people(200-300) turn up in a shop together and each of them buy the exact same thing there. Anyone ever done this or if you could then where would you go and what would you buy????

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Never heard of it. Although I am liking the zombie idea that was floating around a few weeks ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Ah yes but this would require much less effort...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

i thought this would be something to do with religion :( However I have seen this 'mass purchasing' occuring in Lidl/Aldi on a Thursday morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ah yes. And always something that they don't. Two hundred people asking for chicken in Tesco is an idea. Two hundred people asking for chicken in, for example, Dixon's, gets the job done.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well there is one shop down here I would like to see a mass purchasing in, the bloke that runs it is apperently nutz and attacks people in his shop.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well there is one shop down here I would like to see a mass purchasing in, the bloke that runs it is apperently nutz and attacks people in his shop.

I know who your talking about! I'd join ya for the craic! he just runs you out if he doesnt like the look of ya. The tourists must be so impressed:p

RE: mass purchasing, is it like the 'freezing in times square stunts etc'? youtube link? sounds dumb so far.... pictures may sway my opin ;)

kerash wrote: »
    I know who your talking about! I'd join ya for the craic! he just runs you out if he doesnt like the look of ya. The tourists must be so impressed:p

Went into the courthouse one day for the laugh when I moved down here, he was up on front of Neelan and he start back talking him and telling him to Fcuk off and everything. Neelan went through him and told him that the fine amount still hadn't been agreed yet.
    I went to go into the shop there that day cos there was a cool model car in it and decided against it after hearing about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Could do the mix-up brand thing: walk into Burger King and ask for a Big Mac- obviously there are better examples than this but i can't think of any!!

Went into the courthouse one day for the laugh when I moved down here, he was up on front of Neelan and he start back talking him and telling him to Fcuk off and everything. Neelan went through him and told him that the fine amount still hadn't been agreed yet.
    I went to go into the shop there that day cos there was a cool model car in it and decided against it after hearing about him.

AFAIK, he's only allowed open on certain days following that court appearance! No better man to tell Neilan where to go :D He's obviously not the full shilin', he's frightened a lot of kids in his day tho!

Keepin on topic - pix, youtubes anyone?

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Ah yes. And always something that they don't. Two hundred people asking for chicken in Tesco is an idea. Two hundred people asking for chicken in, for example, Dixon's, gets the job done.

Hmm

Interesting idea

/steals

• Advertisement

Blarney92 wrote: »
    Could do the mix-up brand thing: walk into Burger King and ask for a Big Mac- obviously there are better examples than this but i can't think of any!!

A group of about 20 of us done something along those lines a few years ago after a mad day trip we randomly decided to go on. Walked into BK in town, i ordered big macs, mc chicken sandwhiches etc. They went nuts at us, we just said it was our first time in BK etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It would be better to find a shop that doesn't have an item, especially one where the sales guy works on commission. You could even spin a tale. e.g. go into the sony shop looking for a particular model of 52" TV that they do not have, maybe in the run up to a football tournament. Tell them there was a review of the model in a mag like FHM saying it is by far the best for football (some LCDs look crap showing football).

Poor bastard would be well pissed off on the lost commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Sounds good. How's about at the next Boards Beers? Pints of Guiness for all haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LURKER08

A group of about 20 of us done something along those lines a few years ago after a mad day trip we randomly decided to go on. Walked into BK in town, i ordered big macs, mc chicken sandwhiches etc. They went nuts at us, we just said it was our first time in BK etc etc.

Was in McDonalds one day and got my food, my mate was behind me in the queue looking up at the menu, really taking it all in... as I turn around to go get a table all i hear is "I'll have the Duck a L'orange and a bottle of your house white please"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Blarney92 wrote: »
    I remember reading this somewhere before: Basically a load of people(200-300) turn up in a shop together and each of them buy the exact same thing there. Anyone ever done this or if you could then where would you go and what would you buy????
    This was being done in the states not so long ago. Dunno if it's still on the go. Internet enabled mob-shopping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

There's a group on Facebook who hope to cause a global shortage of carrots by getting everyone to go out and buy as many as they can on May 15th. It even made the news http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1302697,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is this not utterly pointless, been done before, and not even funny in a "its so unfunny it must be funny" type of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I don't get it.

Do they get a discount for the number of them turning up to buy said product:confused:

If not, this is illogical and pointless.
    It's not even fun like mass pillow fights... or something..
    bluto63 wrote: »
    There's a group on Facebook who hope to cause a global shortage of carrots by getting everyone to go out and buy as many as they can on May 15th. It even made the news http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1302697,00.html

That's kind of mean. What about my stew on Thursdays ? and ehm, starving people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

We could all buy 1 sweet in the Sweet Factory

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're all welcome to mass purchase in my uncle's shop. He can use the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

Ah yeah the oul diddley iddle shop. He is CRRRRRRAZY

Advertisement