Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Your Best FSX Tweak for performance?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's lots of guides on the web, but I've sure people must have their own fav's for getting the best out their machine. Especially those of use with lesser machines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

1. Autogen-Turning this way down or better still OFF makes a massive difference
    2. Traffic-Its nice to have loads of a/c at airports and cars on the ground but again saves fps by getting rid of this.
    3. Weather detail/visability. Turning this down or even just going for clear skies helps, as does bringing the visability down a lot. In reality theres often only visablility of 20-40 miles so it makes it feel more realistic too.
    4. Anti-Aliasing and Buffering...tweaking these makes big FPS imprvements

Its all down to what you want really, I like the a/c to look very good and cockpit to be properly visable, anything over that for me is a bonus. I do dream of having a decent PC again with all the sliders maxed...that will be savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

If you like keeping autogen but its kiling your fps delete the default.xml file in the autogen folder and then use a custom or smaller AutogenDescriptions.spb file. Both these things reduce the diversity of the autogen features like water towers, burger joints etc. I personally think it looks better without. Especialy in European cities.

Advertisement