Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallinn

• 07-05-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Looking for accomdation for 2 nights for 4 lads that are going to be on the sauce, we also want cheap!

Anyone recommend anything? has to be near the nightlife!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

http://www.tallinn-life.com/sleep/hotels_details/15-Vana_Tom_Hostel

I stayed here both times I was in Tallinn. It's right in the centre of the town (underneath a strip club, though I'm sure that's not what you're looking for!). The biggest complaint most people have about it is lack of hot water in showers. I don't know if it's still like this, but basically there were two levels, just go to the showers on the lower level. Other than that, was grand. There's probably a much greater choice of hostels now than when I was there though, so shop around, but this is a really great location.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I think that's the one I stayed at too. Tallinn was lovely, really beautiful women, but unapproachable, they all look down at you as a drunken sex tourist, we were only visiting for 2 nights from neighbouring Finland, yet everyone seemed to think we were drunken English yobbos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

We rented an apartment from this company a couple of years ago. It was about 15 minutes walk from the Old Town, on the 8th floor with brilliant views to the sea. Would highly recommend them - www.nordlank.ee .

Two places that we really liked in Tallinn were Old Hansa - medieval-style restaurant - cheesy but great fun, and Hellhunt - a very good bar which also served food. We were in Tallinn in June and it was surprisingly cold (think Dublin in March) for the first two days and very hot for the second two.

People in Tallinn come across as very unfriendly - maybe it's because of the thousands of Finnish who sail across from Helsinki on the lash. There were loads of drunken Russians as well, and English - at night it sometimes feels like the whole city is full of tourists on the p*ss, so you can't really blame them. The city is very beautiful though and well worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Unshelved wrote: »
    We rented an apartment from this company a couple of years ago. It was about 15 minutes walk from the Old Town, on the 8th floor with brilliant views to the sea. Would highly recommend them - www.nordlank.ee .

Two places that we really liked in Tallinn were Old Hansa - medieval-style restaurant - cheesy but great fun, and Hellhunt - a very good bar which also served food. We were in Tallinn in June and it was surprisingly cold (think Dublin in March) for the first two days and very hot for the second two.

People in Tallinn come across as very unfriendly - maybe it's because of the thousands of Finnish who sail across from Helsinki on the lash. There were loads of drunken Russians as well, and English - at night it sometimes feels like the whole city is full of tourists on the p*ss, so you can't really blame them. The city is very beautiful though and well worth a visit.

Wouldnt bother with an apartment as we're onloy gonna be there for 2 days. hotel is as handy

Advertisement