Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neutered dog, still "mounting" normal ?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

i made another post a few days ago about the side effects ... he is fine, but still "mounting" people ALOT lol .....
    i just thought this might lessing off with the neautering .... he only had it done last friday ....
    anyone else dog still mounting people after neautering ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

That's totally normal, your dog still has a high level of testosterone in his blood, it can take up to 4-5 months for it to decrease to a point where you will notice any behavioural changes, which is why neutering isn't a quick fix for any problems like roaming / humping etc. BTW, humping is not just a sexual thing, its a way that dogs, usually males assert their dominance too, which is why you often see two male dogs 'at it', it doesn't mean any of them have homosexual tendancies, the 'top dog' is just showing the other one who's boss! It can also be part of 'carried away excited puppy' behaviour. Sometimes it can be pure habit, try distracting the dog the next time he does it, clap your hands, or ignore him, he'll learn that it doesn't get him any benefits. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hel_hev

its not a huge probelm for us lol ...
    he is very puppy-ish and playful :D
    thats prob all it is ......
    we got him neuthered because old dog died from a cancer tumor in his anal , i have heard neuthering can help prevent this ....
    we keep him away from vistors , because it would freak them out ...
    he mostly does it to my ma , which is just funny lol ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

hel_hev wrote: »
    its not a huge probelm for us lol ...
    he is very puppy-ish and playful :D
    thats prob all it is ......
    we got him neuthered because old dog died from a cancer tumor in his anal , i have heard neuthering can help prevent this ....
    we keep him away from vistors , because it would freak them out ...
    he mostly does it to my ma , which is just funny lol ,

This behaviour may never disappear! My 12 yr old cross (spayed since she was 1.5 yrs old) still mounts the cushions in our house! Its not always a sexual behaviour trait and can be associated with the dog trying to assert their dominance..puppies do it before hormones kick in!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah our wired hair terrier, was netuered about 4 years ago and still loves to give my fluffy slippers a good seeing to and for some reason, my friend richard:confused:

Advertisement