Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Jones and Jonestown

Options
  • 07-05-2008 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

I saw the documentary the other night and then i did some research and came across some speculation that the CIA had been involved, but why?
    Does anyone know why there is this speculation? I am aware of some discrepencies in eye-witness reports after the event and prior to the army arriving.

One of the biggest mass suicided (albeit the children were injected with poison) in modern times.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

oddly enough I buy timber from a plantation near there.

which docco was that, the four hour one that outlined beautifuly his demise from devout christian bridgebuilder to paranoid dopefiend.

an interestin man in interestin times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I don't know the name but his son and one of the survivors were innterviewed and the story was re-enacted. Interesting guy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 thebigshot

The whole situation was a show of strenght by the government. Fringe groups and especially independent fring groups will not be tolerated in the "new" society which we are now in.

But most of the plebs like being told what to do.

Advertisement