Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can not connect to Rapidshare with upc ? help please

Options
  • 07-05-2008 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

:oHello, i have just recently got the Chours(upc) 12mb internet packed,
    i wanted download a video tutorial whic was 900mb and 20 rar parts,

i got a premium account everything is set( cookies-flashget, ext...)
    so i started to download with the speed of 1500kp/sn
    after 5 part download it stop downloading , also while other pagers working www.rapidshare.com did not open, about 15 munit later it started to work again, and after about 5 or 7 part downloaded stoped again, this repeats like this always, after i gues every 200 or 300 mb there is no access to rapidshare,

now i wonder who is guilty about it, Chours(upc) or Rapidshare, ? or am i missing something at setting,
    thanks before hand,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I've only reecently started using rapidshare on UPC and i've noticed the same thing. Can download 5-7 files fine, the next one's just stall. Can download them again 10-15 mins later. I would only be downloading 3 at a time max. I'm on the 3mb connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

used to have same prob here but with eircom

found that only dling 3/4 parts at a time works well.

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

no problems here with ntl and rapidshare. i dont use rapidshare manager tho. i use internet dowload manager and firefox as firefix can handle 24 downloads at a time and speeds get to about 5mb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭m3hm3t

i have emailed to rapidshare.com and here is there answer,

we may have got too many requests from your IP-address to our servers, that
    can be the reason why your IP has/was been automatically blocked for some
    time. Maybe you have entered too many wrong passwords or just send too many
    requests to our servers.
    Also a incompatible download manager can cause this error by flooding our
    servers with requests.

This is a security measure to ensure that accounts can't be hacked.
    So, it may also be that someone is trying to hack your account.

Unfortunately this ban can not be lifted manually due to security reasons.
    Please disable any programs that are trying to reach our service and try again
    in a few hours.

We suggest to download/upload with our RSM. The program allows premium users
    to download and upload files with a new size of 2000 MB per file.
    Free users can only use this program for uploading and still have the 100 MB
    limit for uploads.

they are talking here about maybes , maybe this, maybe that, also could be this, im not happy :cool: with the reply, i also emailed them back again but got no answer for this time,, we got to fix this issiue :p

i dont think you'll get any help from rapidshare. your 1 in millions of customer's that use the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭m3hm3t

you are right royalmarine, there is no point to ask for support, they did not help me, my connection still cuts off, from rapidshare,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone resolve this? After a year of happily using Rapidshare with UPC I have developed the above problem. Is it UPC Traffic shaping of some sort? I am dling in exactly the same way as I always have - Flashget, with thew flashgot FF plugin.

I'll try Rapidshare dl manager and see if its the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

ive 20mb bb with up and i dont get this problem.

try using a program called internet download manager. set it up for the rapidshare premium

i usually get around 2700kbps downloads, and dont get this problem

i stopped using the rapidshare manager because it had many problems, maybe including this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

2700?

I only ever get 2300 :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Try Free download manager... it is the businesss!

You an copy and paste as many rapidshare links into it, by copy pasting them normally, then opening FDMs main window and pressing Ctrl Shift V.. it will then ask you where youd like to put them.

Also it can remember your rapid share password, to get it to do this just drag a single link into the FDM window or drop box, when the download options box opens it, enter your username and password where it says (near the top of the window) when you then click save, it will pop up asking do you want password manager to remember, click yes.

Ive used FDM for years and its brilliant, download the lite version when you go to get it.. you dont need any of the other stuff, and if you do at a later date you can just add them lke modules.

Pax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Hoser

im on 20mb line upc and i have no problems with rapidshare

what i use is orbit download manager and most of the time it downloads at 2.5mb/sec which is 5mb extra!! so try that maybe it will work for you. also downloading one part at a time works best for me..and in settings i set it up so theres only one download at the time and it skips to next one automaticly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

I think 20mb translates to about 2.3mb/s 2.4mb/s, Its just maxing out your 20mb connection. 5mb raw extra would yield 2.6mb/s or so..

But I know what ya mean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I have the 20mb NTL package & was using flashget to download from rapidshare for more than a year with no problems, but for the last few weeks I'm getting a lot of connection problems listed below..
    I can connect & start downloading a series of files but then speed will drop to 0.00 & will stay like that for ages then flashget gives up & moves on to the next file which fails to start at all, during this time I can't even goto the rapidshare site when I type www.rapidshare.com in the url bar, not even an error message just a blank page after about 60sec.
    I can however connect to rapidshare if I use a proxy !!,..I phoned NTL & asked them what if anything they might be doing which was causing this problem, I asked them straight out are NTL involved in any type of blocking measure & they said 100% NO WAY, the tech support dept said they most of them use rapidshare them selfs on the NTL network & as we spoke she actually tried logining in to RS which she did with no problems,..she suggested I contact rapidshare which I did, alas they gave me some BS & said it was noting to do with them, they ignored the fact that I could connect via a proxy.
    Anyway, the problems remain, here are a few other things I should mention, when my sons visit & bring their laptops they also have the same problem, no problems connecting from their own house.
    Now you can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the fact that I can connect to RS via a proxy tells me that it's RS who are blocking me based on my IP address ! any ideas ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

I am with Digiweb and had the same problem. But, I spotted recently that if I restart my router I get a new IP address :D So a quick reboot and I can DL again no probs. It has to be something Rapidshare are doing.

esskay wrote: »
    I am with Digiweb and had the same problem. But, I spotted recently that if I restart my router I get a new IP address :D So a quick reboot and I can DL again no probs. It has to be something Rapidshare are doing.
    Unfortunately this isn't really an option for UPC users, they seem to use static DHCP - i.e. the DHCP server assigns the same IP address every time. My IP address hasn't changed at all since I signed up 4 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Karsini wrote: »
    Unfortunately this isn't really an option for UPC users, they seem to use static DHCP - i.e. the DHCP server assigns the same IP address every time. My IP address hasn't changed at all since I signed up 4 months ago.
    I noticed that too, I've sent a 2nd email to RS which drives home the problems I'm having, I ended it as follows "I am now requesting that you investigate this problem with a view to providing a solution as soon as possible, if you are unable to solve this problem I will have no choice but to contact paypal & initiate proceedings against rapidshare to secure a full refund of my last account payments"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

2700?

I only ever get 2300 :( .

thats only with internet download manager set to 8 (i think, maybe 16) connections per download. i used to get about 1500 max with the rapidshare manager

i think it may be on rapidshares end where the problems lie to be honest. if it was UPCs id imagine internet download manager wouldnt get this speed consistently

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is it not to do with Rapidshare limiting the amount you can download per day to 2.66 gig, once you hit that limit all downloads drop to zero. this hits people who download from it everyday, if you don't you can save up your allowance to approx 12gig max, fine for the casual user but not so good for daily downloaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

same exact problem is happening to me. I think RS have some sort of block. Are any of you sharing your account with another person possibly? going to try another download manager and limit connections to see if this works.

Cheers for suggestions.

lensman wrote: »
    I noticed that too, I've sent a 2nd email to RS which drives home the problems I'm having, I ended it as follows "I am now requesting that you investigate this problem with a view to providing a solution as soon as possible, if you are unable to solve this problem I will have no choice but to contact paypal & initiate proceedings against rapidshare to secure a full refund of my last account payments"

just a word of advice. dont send that mail IF you download the naughty files.

IF you do, they will just ignore your threat, and cancel your account, keeping your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 evil.monkey84

Use Jdownloader as your download manager, its work fine with me when i use jdownload

Its easy to setup, all you have to do is add your RS account, also you can manager the speed and amount of links to download plus its extract rar file and delete the rar file after :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What gives with the dead thread dragging up today? Something to do with Hallow'een?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement