Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open water training

Options
  • 06-05-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Heya,

Just wondering has anybody got suggestions for areas around Dublin that are handy for open water swimming, I've been to 40 foot etc but find it a pain to get to in the evening as I'm based in Lucan. Any top tips also appreciated. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Blessington? I don't know how good the lakes are for swimming but it may be easier to get to - but you're going to have a pain getting to any costal location from Lucan really. "Upper" Liffey wouldn't really be my cup of tea for leisure/training though there are races there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭secman

Swimming in Blesington lakes is strictly prohibited, and in good weather is patrolled by ESB boats to enforce it . Signs are posted all over the place to this effect. Living in Lucan, there is no easy answer .

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

I stand corrected ( just found this: http://www.esb.ie/main/news_events/press_release73.jsp ). I know theres canoeing and other watersports etc in the lakes - so I thought swimming would be OK. Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

I heard Blessington lake was full of man eating Pike! :eek:

Advertisement