Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with connecting to wireless network with vista and dell wireless card

Options
  • 06-05-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

I am having a problem connecting to a wireless network on laptop with vista os and a dell wireless card.

The problem is that when i open the Dell wireless card , i can see the wireless network and the card can pick it up, but when i go into the connections part of the vista os, and attempt to connect the network wont show up - but other networks like laptop to laptop wireless shows up instead.

Is there some setting i need to change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

culabula88 wrote: »
    I am having a problem connecting to a wireless network on laptop with vista os and a dell wireless card.

The problem is that when i open the Dell wireless card , i can see the wireless network and the card can pick it up, but when i go into the connections part of the vista os, and attempt to connect the network wont show up - but other networks like laptop to laptop wireless shows up instead.

What are the other networks? Did you set them up yourself and do you need them? Are they other wireless networks in your area?

If it's other networks, you may be getting interference blocking your own. You can change the frequency on your router to avoid this. It depend on your router as to how this is done.

Advertisement