Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEG Spraying

Options
  • 06-05-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

I have a good idea of what I'm doing (thank you youtube) but does anyone have any advice, tricks of the trade etc. Since Krylon is out of stock what is the best spray brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Keggers wrote: »
    I have a good idea of what I'm doing (thank you youtube) but does anyone have any advice, tricks of the trade etc. Since Krylon is out of stock what is the best spray brand?

defenderdude is the resident god with a spray can:D, i have a very nice sniper painted by him :)

he should be able to provide info on suitable paints, how to do the work etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the secrets in the preperation really, krylon is only a brand and theres a lot of paints you can use.,
    as blay said, have a yap with defenderdude for advice on it, i got a load of paint supplies from aidan a while back and have been playing around with them and trying DPM patterns., the man is a genious.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I think the overlaying of leaves and spraying over it is very cool.

Arnies have a thread(a few threads :)) dedicated to painted aegs if you want inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

:o:o:o:o I just keep messing - amazing the finishes you'll get with simple methods. Like VTEC said - it's all prep - the spraying only takes a few seconds.

Krylon is in stock in MIA - just saw it there myself earlier. Seems to have loads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Let me refraise that they are no longer making NEW Krylon so it's only while stocks last (or so says airsoft world)

• Advertisement

Keggers wrote: »
    Let me rephrase that they are no longer making NEW Krylon so it's only while stocks last (or so says airsoft world)

well, the stock in MIA is NEW and not disappearing any time soon.

They have stocks from the US which are NOT available to the UK. Get it while you can (forgive the pun) :p

I should be on commission - or at least get a couple of cans to try it out (never actually used Krylon myself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Get it while you can (forgive the pun) :p

*facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

As was mentioned earlier, Krylon is merely a brand (albeit, one with a good reputation). Krylon as a brand is not going anywhere. They did dump a couple of the colours from the Ultra Flat Camo line, they now only do khaki, OD, brown and black. I believe there was 8 colours previously. This may be where the rumour started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

What about car undercoat? You can get it in matt...

kevteljeur wrote: »
    What about car undercoat? You can get it in matt...

yea, but in what colour?:p

Also, a primer/undercoat is going to be quite soft and easily damaged...

Another alternative is modelling paints such as Vallejo waterbased acrylics, especially if you have an airbrush - even the cheapo's that run off an aerosol can.

http://www.princeaugust.ie/avpaint/

The range of colours is astounding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Anyone know where I can get decent spray paint in Laois (the Portarlington area preferably)

Advertisement