Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you move a Bird Box with eggs in it?

Options
  • 06-05-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

If, for example, you're moving house and you have a bird box you want to take with you, but the bird box has eggs in it already, is it possible to move the box?

I'm thinking no because how would the parents find it...but I'm wondering if anyone on here would know? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

No, don't touch it.

Even if you were to move it a few feet on the same property you might cause the parents to abandon the eggs.

I'm sure in the spirit that you put the box up you could leave it behind and spend a few quid on a new box in your new house :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As said don't go near it. But if you put a new one in your new place and mabey add a bird feeder and somewhere for the birds to drink you are bound to get some more.

Advertisement